Chapter 20: Upside Down

As they swim through the deep, dark water of the lake, Y/N tries so hard to find the gate. It was hard to see under water. Eddie looked at her and saw she was struggling, so he tried to find the gate too. His eye catched a glowing red from below. He held Y/N's hand and pulled her as they swim to the gate. As they got closer, the gate grew bigger in their point of view. Eddie felt as if he was about to back out of all this. But he has Y/N with him, and the others were in dire need of help. He pulled Y/N to his front and held her by the waist, assisting her through the gate. By the time the upper half of her body was on the other side, he went through the gate, still holding her waist so he could know that she was beside him and all was well.

As he got through, he instantly breathed for air. Y/N was beside him, moving away the strands of hair from his face. He instantly noticed Nancy about to help Steve get out of the chokehold a bat had on him. Eddie quickly emerged from the gate and helped pull up Y/N. When she got out, he picked up oars that were laying on the ground. He handed one to Y/N.

"Do not let yourself get hurt." He said, looking at her.

"You too." She said as she nodded and kissed his cheek.

Both of them quickly ran to the others' side and started to swing the oars they were holding so they could smack the shit out of those bats. Y/N was skilled, she trained for self-defense when she first got to Massachusetts, a preparation for safety. Her movements wer fast, and she tried taking out as many bats as she could. Whatever these bats were, they were just extremely nasty. Eddie was trying his best to make sure these bats wouldn't even dare to try hurt another one of the group. He swung his oar like his life depended on it. Well, it did.

Both of them were trying to defend Robin and Nancy so they could help get that bat off Steve's neck.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Eddie screamed as he swung his oar.

"Fucking die!" Y/N would exclaim as she slapped the shit out of the bats that were coming her way.

"Get it!" They could hear Robin say as both her and Nancy were killing one bat. Steve has finally got out of that bat's grip.

"Come on, come on, come on, you son of a bitch!" Eddie shouted as he continues on his bat killing mission. As he successfully hits one, he looked to Y/N and saw one was about to attack her from behind. "Oh shit. Y/N, get down!"

Y/N instantly followed what she heard, giving Eddie the opportunity to fly that bat across the dry lake. He looked at Y/N, checking if she was okay.

"Thank you." She said.

"Hey, I promised I'd protect you." Eddie replied.

Both of them went back to killing bats. Y/N held her oar tightly that the force of her hand cut the bat in half. When most of them flew away, they heard Steve grunting. Their attention turned towards Steve and saw him behead the bat. His body was covered with blood from all the bat bites.

"Steve...Steve, oh my God..." Nancy said, calling out to Steve.

"Jesus Christ.." Eddie sighs. He was so annoyed that they were here. Surrounded by so much danger. "Jesus H. Christ!"

Y/N couldn't help but chuckle as he threw the oar to the ground with so much force. Eddie's little tantrums were just adorable, no matter the situation.

"Are you okay?" Nancy asked Steve.

Y/N walked closer to Eddie, slowly checking every inch of him to see if he was okay. Eddie looked at her, and his eyes softened. Just the sight of her could calm his nerves.