Prologue

-trigger warning-

She felt intense heat, as if she was burnt alive. Her skin felt the pain of every touch of fire. Her eyes opened, and instantly saw the bright orange color of fire.

She sat up and quickly went out of bed to save herself from the fires of hell. "Mom! Dad!"

Barefooted, she got out of her room. Her feet touching the burning fire in every step. All she could ever hear was the sound of fire itself.

She was trapped. But all she could ever think of was if her family was alright. But perhaps, they already were out of the house.

She had to get out.

The stairs were blocked, and she was stuck on the 2nd floor.

She went in the guest bedroom, hoping she could escape from there. There were people outside, trying to put out the fire. She broke the window open and called out for help. And they did.

They prepared a landing spot for her, and she jumped out of the guestroom window.

As she got out of the hellish house, she coughed and cried, traumatized by the events.

"Where's my Mom?" She asked the fireman.

But the look on the fireman's face hinted her something else.

"They're at the hospital already?" She asked again.

She then heard crying, a baby wailing. But it came from somewhere she didn't expect and never wanted to acknowledge.

She turned to face the living room window and saw a crib burning.

She fell to her knees, realizing one thing. She was the only one who made it out alive.

Her mother was burning, her father was burning, her baby sister was burning. All alive.