Chapter 27: Finally My Year

As the bats were pounding on the trailer, Y/N, Eddie, and Dustin were back-to-back, holding up their spears and shields. They were looking through every corner of the trailer. The pounding slowly dies down, and it began to be quiet.

"Hey, dipshits! Give up that easy, huh?!" Dustin shouted.

"Shh!" Eddie shushed. "Is that really necessary?"

The ceiling started to make loud noises, to which Y/N tried her best to listen where it was coming from.

"They're on the roof." Y/N said.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Dustin cursed.

Y/N followed the sound of the ugly bats, Dustin and Eddie following behind her. Her heart was pounding, louder than ever. Her eyes followed the sound, and almost wanted to cry as she saw the vent.

"They can't get in through there, can they?" Dustin asked them.

Just as Dustin said that, a bat burst it's way in.

"Oh, fuck!" Y/N screamed.

"Die!" Eddie screamed, making his way to the vent as he and Dustin used their spears to stab the bats.

Y/N had an idea. She took her shield and held on to it tightly. She grabbed the chair by the table and stood on it.

"Move!" Y/N screamed. She used the shield to close the vent, stopping the bats from coming in. She sighed, catching her breath. "Fuck...oh, fuck."

"Holy shit." Eddie said.

"Nice." Dustin said, catching his breath.

"Thanks." Y/N said, getting down from the chair.

"Are there any other vents?" Dustin asked.

"Oh, shit. Shit shit shit shit!" Eddie cursed as he hurried to the other vent, which was in his room.

As he was about to make his way to the vent, the bats flew right in, stopping the three of them.

"Move, move!" Eddie shouted, pushing Dustin and Y/N out of the room. He quickly closed the door.

They all backed off, looking at the door that was about to break.

"That's not gonna hold!" Dustin screamed.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Eddie screamed.

Dustin started climbing, and Y/N helped him up. Eddie was still holding up his spear and shield.

"Come on! Quickly!" Eddie screamed.

By the time Dustin got in, Y/N climbed up the rope. She was struggling, to which Eddie helped her up.

"Come on, sweetheart." He said as he pushed her up the rope.

Y/N fell to the mattress in the real world. She got out of mattress and looked up.

"Eddie! Hurry up!" Y/N called out to him.

Eddie threw his spear and shield to the ground, and was about to climb up the rope. He looked back at the breaking door, and his steps up the rope were stopped.

"Eddie, come on! We have to go!" Y/N said.

"Eddie, you're so close!" Dustin said.

Eddie lets go of the rope, and looked up at Y/N and Dustin.

"Eddie.." Y/N looked at him, confused and scared of what he was about to do. "Eddie no!"

Eddie grabbed his spear and cut the rope connecting the real world and the Upside Down.