ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ - ɴɪɴᴇ

𝗙ranki swore under her breath as the rumbling of the floor beneath her feet and above her head continued to happen in an almost chain reaction like nature

𝗙ranki swore under her breath as the rumbling of the floor beneath her feet and above her head continued to happen in an almost chain reaction like nature. She and the rest of her team were still stuck on the lowest floor of the building, having run into more enemies than the four of them could take down in a fast amount of time.

Maverick had somehow gotten their communications back online a few minutes ago, but nothing he was saying now was computing her head. All she heard when he spoke to her was that there were numerous bombs lining the edges of the building and that they had less than thirty seconds to escape before they were buried under piles of stone.

"Fuck!" she said louder this time, reloading her pistol.

"They're surrounding us," Jase declared next to her.

As they were currently, the two of them were tucked behind a wall off to the side like they had been for the majority of the fight. Separated from Blaine and Eden, they had to make haste with what they had on them, so their four-person teams split into two-person teams.

From the reflection in the silver on her gun, she could see her brother and his girlfriend across the room toward the door that led to the main room in which they first entered through before the gas attacks brought them all down, but there was no hope that the two of them would make it that far without being taken out by the barrage of men attacking them.

Even their trump card, Eden, was still a seventeen-year-old girl—and she was quickly running out of stamina, despite the fact that she was turning her fumes into bursts of energy. She could tell that her movements were slower and her fights were getting sloppier with each new opponent.

"What are we supposed to do?" she rhetorically asked her partner.

"Fight back," he suggested.

Franki turned her head and glared at him without an ounce of humor. She knew that Jase's answer had no ill-intention behind it and that he wasn't messing around to get a kick out of her, but as soon as he noticed that unamused look in her eye, his frown transformed into a smile and that laugh hidden under a scoff that he liked of her shone brightly.

"In all seriousness—it's our only option now."

"I don't know how we're going to get across the room."

"Are the guards aware that the bombs will be going off shortly?"

"Either they are and they're part of a suicide-bomber task force," she shrugged, bemused, "Or they were left in the dark of the true plans and are unintentionally aiding the enemies who don't care or value the lives they have."

Jase let out a strangled noise but shut up otherwise and looped around the wall, firing more bullets from his newly stolen AK-47. As she continued to use the reflection of her gun to guide her without adding insult to injury, she let out a brief sigh and thought about all the things she wanted to know that her life was her life and she was back behind the steering wheel.