"What. Was. That?", I asked, my voice would've sound very annoyed, if not the for being breathless and surprised.

He blinked, his mouth, slightly agape.

"I—I didn't think that through", he said sheepishly.

I raised my eyebrow at him and his sheepish face turned serious.

"Now what's wrong?",he asked.

I rolled my eyes,"Nothing's wrong!" I snapped,"You can get off of me now!"

He narrowed his eyes, rolling away from me. We stood up and I dusted myself. But when I saw his distracted expression again, I had enough. I jumped on top of him, and he yelped, falling back to the floor, clearly surprised.

"What?!"he demanded, his face squinted in caution as if I was going to attack him. I refrained from rolling my eyes.

"What did that person ask you?"I asked, staring into his eyes deeply, my brows furrowed.

His furrowed expression changed into a worried one,"Nothing", he muttered.

I glared at him,"Please Lloyd, just tell me what happened."I asked, a little worry leaked in my voice. His gaze softened.

"Whatever you think it was,"he said gently,"It's not."

"How would you know?", I asked, my tone sharp.

He shook his head, smiling," It's not about you, Rumi."

I froze,"Then who?"

His brow furrowed,"I...don't know—he didn't really say anything. And the call didn't last long."

"Was it male or female?"I asked

He shrugged,"Dunno."

I continued to stare at him, and he stared back. I knew that he was telling the truth, but—something seemed off.

"Don't worry", he said,"It's probably nothing—just probably a random kid throwing out a few pranks."

He chuckled softly.

I softened as I looked at his face. He tilted his head, his face thoughtful.

"Uh...ahem", was all I heard until I literally jumped off of him. I turned to see Kai, who was nervously scratching his head.

"How much did you hear?", Lloyd asked nervously, looking at Kai from the floor.

Kai's eyes widened, obviously thinking about the question in a wrong way,"Relax, I just came."

"So...uh—How...did it go?", Kai asked nervously

Lloyd got up, dusting himself before getting up," Well—we found a few bunch of scrolls." He said, pointing at the giant box. Kai's mouth fell open, a stifled a laugh.

Kai seemed to recover from his shock, an he turned to Lloyd,"You were gone all evening! You missed an epic Prime Empire showdown between Cole and Zane, not to mention Nya and PIXAL's new an improved weapon, Cole and Jay's noodle eating competition and—"

"Okay,okay", Lloyd said, waving his hands in front of him,"At least I won't be missing Zane's dinner special!"

Kai glared at him,"If you missed that, I would've sent a fireball right on your—

"OOOOOKAYYY", Lloyd practically yelled, hoisting me by the shoulders,"We should really get going now."

Lloyd lead me to the elevator, Kai right on our heels. As the elevator doors closed, the awkwardness seemed to only heighten. The elevator music made it worse.

From the corner of my eye, Kai shuffled a bit, occasionally sighing. But the thing he did next surprised me even more.

"So...Harumi", he started.

I looked up at him in surprise.

"How was your day?", Kai asked, smiling a little.

"It was...good, thank you."I smiled back.

"What did you guys do?", he asked, looking at the two of us with a mischievous smirk.

"We—Nothing like that!", Lloyd and I frantically said at the same time.

"We were just looking for scrolls", Lloyd said quickly.

Kai looked unconvinced,"Uh-huh."

And we almost kissed, I thought, but I didn't say anything, obviously.

It almost ruined my friendship with him! If I had done that, he might've been so mad at me!

But, I could've sworn that he leaned in too.

No, I shook my head, trying to wave off the thought, he doesn't feel that way around me. Not after—

DING.

The elevator doors opened and I found myself facing the gaming room, where Jay was passed out on the couch. My eyes widened in alarm.

A/N- HEY GUYS! Happy Fridayyyy!!!!! How's this book going so far? I'm sorry(not), but I wanted to end this chapter with a cliffhanger hehe. Welp, Ill update soon!!! OMG SO MANY READDDDSSSSS:)) LOVE U GUYSS!