Patience Is A Virtue (Chapter Nine)

Start from the beginning

"I'm not angry so much with Aubrey, I'm just upset he didn't do more to protect you. The person I'm livid with is Sophie's dry ass because she tried to take away my little sister".

"If it wasn't for Adonis I would've already filed a report and gotten her ugly behind locked up but I love that little boy and I want him to have his mom even though I feel like you've been more of a mother to him than Sophie has" Kenya spoke the truth. Sophie had been so caught up in doing everything she could to break Adrianne and Aubrey up that she forgot about her own son.

"I know you are Kenny and as crazy as it sounds… I understand why she did it. Love can make you do crazy things but that didn't justify anything, if I died that wasn't going to make Aubrey be with her. That's what she doesn't get is that if in the end it's not me, it would ever be her either" And that was the complete truth.

Since Aubrey met Adrianne it had been about her from the jump and never anyone's. There were flings and ex's Yes, but in the end it's always going to be Adrianne.

"Okay moving on from the sad stuff…." Kenya laughed, wiping the stray tears.

"I know this year's Christmas is going to be a bit different but what are we going to do?" Adrianne was going to tell her sister about her experience in heaven and seeing their mother again but she wanted to do it when her brother and father were present.

"I think we're going to do it at Miss Sandi's house this year. You're going to help her with all the cooking and prepping since I can't this year" Although she was a bit sad that she couldn't help out, she knew that she needed to dial back a bit.
______

7:00 PM

Just then the door swung open slowly, revealing Aubrey. He was dressed in an all black Nike sweatsuit and with a matching dad cap on.

As soon as Adrianne caught sight of her man her stomach erupted in butterflies. There was a sudden short silent awkwardness in the air.

"Aubrey!" Kenya managed to say politely which surprised Adrianne.

"Wassup Kenya?" He asked as he made his way over to his baby girl who was sleeping peacefully in the bassinet. H3 placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Nothing much just been chilling, taking care of this one" Kenya responded referring to what her day had been like with her sister not that she was complaining or anything.

"Thank you for looking after her" a confused look fell upon her face as she stood up and turned around to face him.

"For what nigga? She's my sister I would've done it even if you didn't want me too... tuh!" She flipped him off.

"Anyways…imma leave y'all two love birds alone and go see my man, toodles" She waved them goodbye and left the room.

Immediately after their eyes locked. Adrianne felt those butterflies she felt only moments ago. He looked so good it made her weak.

Aubrey walked into the closet and returned barefooted and hatless.

"How was your day mama?" Why did did she feel so shy as he sat down beside her placing her feet on his lap.

"My day was good, baby. Kenya and I talked and I spent time with my babies and got some French lessons from don. How about you?" Aubrey briefly looked over at the bassinet seeing his baby girl then back at his fiancé. 

"Good. I met up with 21 and we finalized some things for the album. Chubbs and i ran some errands as well, how are you feeling?" He asked her.

"Better and yes I took all my medicine so you don't have to keep asking that. Nurse Kenya and Doc Smith never misses a beat" She chuckled which made him do the same. Both her brother and sister were on her ass everyday since she got home.

Every hour like clockwork the door swung open with something too eat and her medication.

"Well I'm here to take care of you now mama" Adrianne moaned softly feeling the great sensations that came from him rubbing her feet which causing Aubrey to quickly become aroused.

It had been a couple months since they were intimate with each other but Aubrey didn't mind because of her condition.

Just being with her, having her by his side was enough for him all together.

Adrianne saw that sparkle in his eye. It was one she knew all too well.

She missed him, it was just a shame that nothing could happen im that moment. Then, suddenly catching her off-guard Aubrey leaned in and kissed her lips gently. 

They pulled away and looked into eachothers eyes for a second.

Adrianne took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Baby-" She turned her head to the side but only for Aubrey to turn it back to him.

"Don't pull away, I know we can't mama but fuck- I want you so bad right now" He said made her let out a breathy laugh.

"I do too baby" His lips found hers again.

And although they both longed to make love to each other in that moment, to feel one another close they couldn't because of the trauma that was done to her body.

Aubrey understood that. He didn't want to hurt her so patience was to become his virtue.
________

Don't know if I should do a Christmas chapter or not?

Or maybe just like a New-Years chapter?

Let me know what you guys would like to see but I would like to thank you guys for the support during the year of 2022. You guys are amazing❤🥳.

I have another book that I'm working on that I think you guys are going to loooove because just writing it has me excited. Anyways thank you so much for ready it's been a pleasure writing for you guys.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and add this book to your libraries.