Defying Death In The Name Of Love

"I wanted it to be forever with you Bryan..."

That was the last thing Inpu said to Bryan before he went to pack up his and Magnus's room. He was going back to the underworld and there was nothing Bryan could do to stop him...

Bryan flew away from the pyramid and instinctively made his way to his home.

Heartbreak. A painful companion he knew all too well, 'twas the same heartache like when Jakey broke up with him.

But... this was different.

The heartache he felt, ached far more. This miserable pain was nigh unbearable... Bryan wished he could just rip out his heart!

"What is the point of me even being here?..." Inpu said.

"I don't know- maybe our relationship! was our relationship not a worthy reason?" Bryan mused. "I just wasn't good enough, that's why he's leaving. He needed help but he couldn't come to me because I'm useless and can't do anything right!..." Bryan sobbed.

His tears ran like that of the wailing river of Cocytus.

Bryan reached his home at last and sat upon the fountain - the centrepiece of his grand garden - his face in his knees.

The colourful fishes within his fountain swam up towards him, blowing small bubbles. Bryan looked at his concerned fish and put his hand in the water, they repeatedly brushed his hand trying to comfort him.

And from under his feet, innocent daisies sprung from Ge, to give him more comfort, dandelions and tulips too grew from under his feet.

All trying to get Bryan to smile.

It almost did.

But as Bryan's spirits were being slowly lifted. The starry sky above him transfigured, and the world now darkened and possessed a standoffish purple atmosphere.

"W-wha- what's happening?"

Bryan heard bobbing sounds and turned his head to see his fish, all upside down and unmoving. His water went still. Bryan panicked and stood up and the stone he stood on cracked beneath him, he glanced down to the plants at his feet and... they were all withered.

Terrified. He watched in fear as his garden, bed by bed... all withered and rotted.

"What's going on!?" Bryan screamed, wracking his brain for any reasonable explanation as to why the sky purpled and why his garden rotted.

"The Seductive Rose?! No. He would've made an entrance by now if it were him, wait-!" A memory from earlier sprang to mind.

"Magnus has until the end of tonight before the book takes over them completely."

That's what Inpu told him.

"This is Magnus's doing! Wait- Inpu!" He gasped.

Bryan without a second thought, soared high in the sky, racing to Inpu, 'Is he safe?' He wondered.

What was he racing? He didn't know but something deep inside told him to fly as fast as he could

... or it would catch him...

"Inpu I'm coming."

Why did Bryan still care? Inpu broke his heart, was ready to leave him. Why was he looking for him?

Well, because...

Bryan loves Inpu

No matter what. These past few weeks, Inpu has made him feel loved like no other. Inpu's one of the few who made him feel like a person and not a trophy unlike so many others...

Inpu was his anchor, the true reasons as to why he stopped actively punishing himself.

Inpu made him smile and laugh... And he's never felt so complete and happy with someone as he does with Inpu.

That's why he still cares.

Bryan flew like an arrow to the last place he saw Inpu...

The Egyptian Dormitories.

Once there, he touched the ground and ran to the pyramid, though not without seeing... "S-Solis?..." Bryan's voice stuttered, Solis lay lifeless on the ground.

"O-Oh gods..." He shuttered.

Bryan bolted into the pyramid, more frantic than before. "INPU!" Bryan yelled.

"INPU!"

"INP-!"

Bryans breath hitched, he couldn't breathe, he choked for air. His body went numb, he couldn't feel anything, aside from his choking. He collapsed to the ground, on his knees, gasping for air. His body fell to the floor, he faced the roof but he looked towards his beloved door...

Inpu was in there, he knew it. Bryan strained his arm with what little strength he had towards the door, he was so close... his tear stained face, had one last tear run down it, but the reason for this tear wasn't like the rest, it fell from his eye because...

He wasn't quick enough...

Bryan used his final breath to breathe one last word.

"I-Inpu..."

None will know of what Bryans last breath gave Inpu. How his immortal love breathed into Inpu, warding him of unconsciousness, easing his pain, and fuelling him with power... power that only derives from unconditional and selfless love...

Bryan outlived all those who died that nightmarish night... I guess the saying's true: 'Love transcends over all' even defying Death for it was Bryans love for Inpu that kept him from death, even if it was only temporary...

~

That actual line in OoO was "I wanted this to be forever with you..." but I paraphrased it. No reason I just remembered it wrong and decided I like my version better :)

Sorry, this is weird and stuffs. But I hope you enjoyed it 🤍

Is this somewhat good? Do you get what I'm trying to write? sorry if you don't... I'm no good at explaining things 😅

If you need something explained, just comment and I'll do my best to explain what I wrote. 👍🏼

Ge is short of Gaea btw, and Gaea is the Earth in Greek Mythos. 🌎

Bed by Bed like Flower Bed to clear up any confusion. 🌹

Thank you for reading! ✨