"Hi honey..."

Warning: Graveyard setting, loss.

~

Inpu with a Mystical Black Flower in hand walked into the dimly lit graveyard. It was dark aside from the fireflies, and it was quiet.

Inpu stopped in front of the newest memorial, a marble headstone with a gold plaque and an angelic, marble statue.

Beautiful.

Inpu, one of the great Pharaohs of the Egyptian Underworld fell to his knees...

In silence, he sat down his flower, leaning it against the grave.

Now, it wasn't a beautiful flower, it didn't possess the beauty of the rose or the calla lily but it had something far more special.

Meaning.

Inpu gazed woefully at the plaque. In a beautiful, calligraphic script it read:

In memory of Bryan Divil. A loving and caring husband, uncle, and friend.
*~•1993 - 2020•~*
the prettiest flowers are always picked first.

Inpu looked up towards the statue, rare tears fell down his face. He gave a weak smile.

"Hi honey..." he uttered, "It's been so long."

...

"Happy anniversary!.." He cheered as he kissed his ring, "Can you believe it's been two years since we got married?"

...

"I miss you..."

...

"I miss you so much dear."

...

"And I love you with everything I got.."

...

"I should've taken you on that honeymoon! I was so blinded by worry about what was going on and because of it, you didn't get a honeymoon... you deserve a honeymoon. And I promise when I see you again, I will take you on the most splendorous honeymoon ever!"

...

"Okay?..."

Inpu stared at the ground. He couldn't look at the statue anymore, too much...

"You promised you'd be careful..."

Inpu mourned and grieved... as anguish fuelled his cries.

"I thought it was going to be forever Bryan..."

...

~

Thoughts...? Is this good?

Sorry it's short...