CHAPTER ⅩⅤ

The troubled woman with dark curly hair stared at the sand on the beach, while the sailors got ready and called for the missing queen. She didn't know what to say, until she noticed something truly fateful: huge footprints on the ground.

"What is that?" Edmund approached her, seeing her staring at the ground, placing his hand on her arm.

"Giants?" suggested Caspian, joining them.

"No!" Theodora took a deep breath, composing herself. "They are too small for giants, but too big for humans. We need to do a search!" She ordered, eyeing her husband sharply, crouching down to fetch her bow and arrows. Edmund smiled at Caspian with corners of his lips turned down and raised eyebrows, the eldest rolled his eyes in response.

Lord Drinian echoed the High Queen's orders, and within three minutes the party was entering the forest with weapons in position, tracking the footprints. They left in such a hurry that they didn't even realize they had left poor Eustace Scrubb behind, who was fast asleep.

They entered the island, until the footprints disappeared, and, crossing a short forest, they came to an enormous garden, full of shrubs with spiral shapes, emerging from the center of groups of other shrubs, these round. The young woman watched the landscape around her with such attention and the bow ready to fire that she ended up stepping on something. She looked down at the dark grass floor, curious: the object was the dagger that belonged to the youngest Pevensie.

"Caspian, Ed! Look!" called Theodora, picking up her missing friend's dagger. "It's Lu's dagger."

Unexpectedly, wooden stakes hit the ground, causing everyone to become alert, preventing them from fleeing anywhere. Theodora took refuge behind a tall, slender tree, her bow raised and ready to draw. She looked around, not seeing any hostile threats, just listening:

"Stand still, or you will die!" warned a male and monstrous voice exclaimed, and everyone turned towards him, without finding the owner of the voice.

Caspian's sword was taken from his hands, he was hit in the nose and, he and the others were knocked down. Fury boiled inside Thea as she watched her husband being attacked. She turned around, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, the arrow hit one of the invisible talking creatures.

"Ow! Who's there?" Questioned the invisible creature, removing the arrow from the member it hit. "Looks like they have one more with them."

"You insolent creatures!" Theodora came out of her hiding place, advancing towards Edmund and Caspian, standing firm in front of them so that they won't be attacked again. "Show yourselves, so I can finish you off!"

"What kind of creatures are you?" Caspian asked, getting up from the dark grass as he looked around.

"Big ones. With a head of a tiger and body of ahmm... a different tiger. You don't want to mess with us!"