CHAPTER IX

When Beruna's battle finally ended, Theodora felt her heart fill with peace and relief. Thea and Lucy stood by Aslan's side as the four walked across the river towards them and she smiled knowing they were all well and alive, and knelted before the Lion.

"Rise Kings and Queen of Narnia" ordered Aslan. With that Peter, Susan and Edmund get up looking at the big lion, while Caspian remained in the same position. "All of you"

Caspian would look up at Aslan uncertainly. "I don't think I'm ready." said calmly.

"It's for that very reason, I know you are." the lion assured and the boy stood up, looking at the others.

A melancholy symphony could be heard, causing everyone to turn so that some rats were carrying Reepchip's body on a stretcher. Lucy approached and after being placed on the ground ran to give a drop of her cordial to the mouse, and he slightly stood up regaining his senses.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." thanked Ripchip, getting to his feet with the help of the other rats. "Ah Aslan, it is a great honor to be..." he jumped seeing that he was in Aslan's presence, and lost his balance and was horrified at the loss of his tail. "I'm completely out of control. I apologize for presenting myself so inappropriately. "Uh perhaps dropped more."

"I don't think it does that" she lamented, putting away the bottle

"You can have a go" retorted the mouse and Aslan smiled.

"It becomes you well small one." he praised him calmly as Theodora walked away from Aslan courting and walked towards the others.

"All the same, Great King." withdrew the sword and continued, "I regret that I must withdraw, for a tale is an honor and glory of a mouse." extending the object.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honor friend." understanding said the lion.

"Well it's not just the honor" used the sword to balance "Also great for balance. And climbing, and grabbing things."

"May it please, Your Majesty." another mouse raised its sword and declared. "We will not bear the shame of wearing an honor denied to our chief" said all the rats raised their swords about to cut their tails.

"Not for the shake of your dignity" started Aslan "but for the love of your people" Thea beside Edmund smiled and with a surprised expression that the tail would have grown back.

"Oh look!" seeing the tail back excited "Thank you, thank you my liege. I will treasure it always from this day forward it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility."

"Now where is this dear little friend you told me so much about" Questioned Aslan to Lucy. She and the others looked at Trumpkin who would be collecting the weapons from the Telmarines on the riverbank. Embarrassed, the dwarf went to them, kneeling, wincing at Aslan's roar.

"Do you see him now?" The girl smiled putting her hands on her hips. And Thea walked over to Caspian, giving him acalm, gentle kiss on his cheek, making him look and put his hand on her waist,and they both smiled.

‹ ‵ ɛ 🦁 ·․ 

‹ ‵ ɛ 🦁 ◞ ◆ ·․