CHAPTHER VI

That was when the two saw the Telmarine archers in the tall turrets and connecting corridors preparing their crossbows and aiming them at the Narnians. The two look at each other in astonishment and fear of what is happening, both trying to focus on the Telmarines trying to attack them in the courtyard.

Edmund fought the guards in the high towers, Peter wielded his sword with precision and finished off anyone who dared to pass his way with the blade of the sword. While Miraz stood on the veranda of his room, watching the invasion take place before her eyes.

Thea heard the sound of chains coming from behind her, seeing the gate slowly close.

"Susan!" She shouted making the girl look in her direction, moving her eyes where she was looking, to see a minotaur holding the gate so it wouldn't close.

"Fall back!" exclaimed the High King of Narnia, seeing the plan fall apart. "Go!"

As soon as the creatures moved to the gate with Peter's orders, the centaurs sought out those who needed help. Glenstorm found Susan accompanied by another girl unknown to him, who helped them, giving a hand to the two Susan climbed, making the centaur look at Theodora.

"Go! Go to the door and protect Queen Susan, don't worry about me." she told him. "I'll try to save as many as I can"

"Come on Thea" shouted Susan

The persistence and bravery of the Telmarin girl was grandiose and admirable, she would be putting her life in danger for the 'enemy', shooting arrows at any Telmarin who tried to kill the Narnians who passed by her.

"Now go!" both nodded as they walked out the gate "Caspian!" cried Thea, not seeing her best friend.

"I'll find him," replied the blond boy "Go! Get out! Withdraw!" shouted the king to the Narnian warriors.

Both Peter and Thea continued to fight and alert the Narnians who were still in the castle to leave. When Caspian appeared with a horse for Peter, accompanied by Professor Cornelius.

Caspian went to King Peter, giving him the other horse he had brought, going in search of his best friend who still fought the Telmarines in the middle of the yard near Peter.

"Back off!" cried the Narnian king, accompanying the prince and tutor to the still-raised main gate.

Caspian passing Thea held out his arm so that Thea could grab and climb. Still on the horse, Thea aimed her bow at the Telmarines, seeing that on the balcony, Miraz and Lord Glozelle aimed their crossbow at them, hitting the minotaur.

The castle's archers now released the arrows from their crossbows, trying to hit the last Narnians and the quartet that rode to the exit. After passing the minotaur fell by fatigue and the number of arrows that took him.

Looking back, Theodora saw all the Narnians who had stayed in the castle precincts at the gate, now closed, begging for help in supplication. The Telmarine watched the scene with sorrow and grief, lowering her head against the back of Caspian, who put a hand on her knee and she took it with a squeeze.