Chapter 1 - Love at first sight

HANNAHS POV:

It was my first day at a new school. After my mom got eaten by Jeffrey Dimitri things have never been the same. New school after new school. I hope I actually get to stay at this one.

I knock on the door. I hope this is the right classroom.

"COME IN!" I hear a loud voice say.

I walk in and close the door behind me. Oh no. There's like a billion people here. Okay maybe only 30 but that's still a lot. I slightly gulp as the teacher starts speaking. "This is Hannah, she's our new student" Everyone is staring at me. All except that one guy. I make my way to an empty seat when class continues like nothing.

"Where are you from?" The girl in front of me says. I get startled. "Uh, Charzard-Bay" I say softly avoiding eye contact. I don't like talking to new people. "Really? That's far away" She says. I nod avoiding eye contact while my mouth forms a straight line. "I'm Marina" She tells me. For the rest of the class she just wouldn't shut the fuck up. She wasn't talking to me but to her friend Julie who was very, very tiny. I'm observant so I can learn a lot of things from just listening or watching.

When class was over it was lunch, since I came in the middle of the day. I brought my own lunch and thought I would sit alone til a girl came over to me. "Wanna have lunch with us?" She said. I looked over her shoulder to see Marina and Julie from before. "Uhm Ok" I answer.

We sat at a bench outside and I was immediately drowned with questions. The girl who asked me's name is Rebecca. She's Norwegian and has thick blonde hair with blue eyes and is slightly taller than me. Julie is extremely tiny with short black hair and dark brown eyes. She's from Vietnam which is pretty cool. Marina is about the same height as me with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. She's from Jordan and Sweden.

"If you had to fuck anyone on earth, who would you choose?" Marina says. I take a bite of my sandwich before realizing she's asking me.

"Oh uh.. no one?" I respond.

"Come on, 8 billion people, dead or alive, choose." She says.

"No one" I repeat.

"Mmm.. fine" She says when she then starts naming her list.

25 minutes later she's finally done naming everyone and lunch is over as well. Those guys were weird. Next we have history and we're gonna play kahoot.
I guess for the most of them since I haven't learned any of this. My fault for coming in the middle of the school year. I end up coming third place and I'm pretty impressed with myself. While everyone's talking about the kahoot and who won I look around the room and lock eyes with someone.

He doesn't break eye contact and for some reason i can't either... it's the guy from before, who didn't look at me when I first came in. My heart is fluttering when I then finally manage to break it. Who was that? What was that feeling. "Why are you blushing?" Marina asks me as she looks at me confused. "Wait what? Oh uh I'm- uhm warm." I mutter embarrassed making me even more red. Was I really blushing from just some eye contact with that guy?

The school day ends and I take the bus home.

*ding*