Taking one of the medical bags I put everything that got left behind over the bed inside and leave it over the chair. I follow up with my clothes, stuffing them inside the dirty clothes basket to the best of my ability, if it still fits and I have clean stuff to wear there's no need for washing, I don't enjoy doing laundry but who does?

I'm about to finish up with the room where my phone vibrates inside my pocket. Taking it out I see the 'dad' on the screen.

Accepting the call I put the phone on speaker and put it over my bed so I can still organize the mess while talking. "Hi dad, everything okay?"

"Is Carlos okay?" He asks right away.

"He is, recovering nicely. Why? Is something wrong?"

"Matteo called, said that Carlos isn't answering his phone, he tried calling you too but nothing." I look down at my phone again and notice the missed calls notifications, from both Danielle and Matteo. They called while we were doing the physical therapy, that's why I didn't notice.

"We were doing his first therapy session, I didn't notice my phone ringing." I explain.

"He called Carlos a few minutes ago, you are still with therapy?"

"No, I left a while ago and Carlos was with his phone when I left so if he isn't answering it's on purpose. Want me to go ask him to pick up?"Now he is also ignoring his brother, amazing.

"If you can, Matteo said it was important."

"I will go right now. Have a nice day dad." I wait for him to say his goodbyes and hung up.

Childish much, the last thing I needed was getting inside that room to deal with him again.

"Breathe, be patient Mia." I mutter to myself before reaching his room and opening the door.

"Your brother has been calling you." I simply state, standing right on the door. My hand still on the knob.

"I know, I noticed." He doesn't bother to look my way, his focus still over the phone between his hands.

"Well, maybe you should pick up don't you think? It looks important." I try to act as cool and collected as possible.

"The thing is, I don't really want to, that's why I have been ignoring it."

Maybe I overestimated how patient I actually am because I can't stop the following words from leaving my mouth. "Don't be a bitch and pick up the phone."

Now he finally looks at me, his face showing no emotion but the slightest hint of surprise.

"I'm occupied doing other stuff." He says that while still looking at me but as soon as he is done he goes back to his phone.

He is usually an ass and I know that the first therapy session didn't go as he wanted it to go but I don't think that's what caused his bad mood today. Something else had to happen. He wouldn't ignore his brother this way.

"What happened?" I dive straight into the matter.

"Nothing happened." He doesn't look at me neither gives me an answer, exactly what I expected.

"I understand you don't want to talk to me but your brother is worried and you seem to be worried too so maybe you should call him and tell him what's going on." I try.

"There's nothing to tell, that's the thing." He eyes finally break off the screen. "I have been looking at this damn phone for hours, texting, searching, emailing. Looking for some fucking answer and I you know what I have?" His voice gets louder.

I don't answer because he doesn't want that, he is just letting his frustration out. So I just stay still and in silence, taking it in.

"Nothing, I've go nothing." He lets go off the phone and runs his hands through his dark waves. Trying to calm himself down a little.

"I don't know what's going on but I think that maybe you should let Matteo handle it." He is about to stop me but I keep going. "I know it's difficult for you, not having control, but you got hurt Carlos, doing this is the last thing you need."

He knows I'm right, putting himself through this isn't helping him but he can't stop.

"All my life, I have looked after him." His eyes look straight through mine. "I promised him that I would never leave his side and that we would fight every battle together. I promised that I would protect him and now, when he needs me the most I'm useless."

"If you are here it's because you protected him, you saved his life Carlos. I don't think there's a better way to say you are fighting by his side than that." So this was it, this whole time he wasn't just angry because of not having control he thought he was failing Matteo.

Leaving my spot under the arch of the door I dare to walk in his direction. Stopping right in front of his bed.

"He called you, multiple times, he also called me and my father, even got Danielle to call me. So I would dare to say that he stills need you." I smile a little trying to make him feel better.

He doesn't say anything but he doesn't stop looking at me. Studying my face the same he is probably studying my words.

"Pick up the phone when he calls again, find out what he needs." And it is in that exact moment that his phone vibrates and the screen light's up showing Matteo's name on the screen.

His gaze falls back on the phone and when he goes for it I take it as my cue to leave. My job here is done for today. He needs his brother now.

 He needs his brother now

Author's note

As always if you are here ty for reading and don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

First, HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!

Our poor boy is worried he isn't there for Matteo </3 but we all know how much Matteo needs him.

Just a few chapters and that chapter 54-55 will be coming, from Carlos' and Mia's point of view.. get ready.

Ly all,
Maria