Chapter XXII: Nearing The End

Start from the beginning

"And if you fail...? I'll kill you."

Tears stain the pillow resting on Takemichi's face, as nothing but regret and worry swelled within his mind, "I'm so screwed..."

~.~

After a rather restless night, Takemichi made the decision to leave early for a leisurely stroll. Only to groan as soon as he stepped out into the sunlight, the sun's brightness almost blinding him upon contact.

"I didn't get any sleep last night, I feel like an old man..." He groaned, ruffling his gelled hair.

Honestly, his statement couldn't be more accurate; his eyes were slightly puffy and his posture was hunched. Furthermore, he couldn't tell you what he ate for breakfast, considering he just sped out the door in a rush. All-in-all, he was a complete and utter mess.

And with another frown, he couldn't help but reflect on his current and messy situation.

'I tried to call (Y/N) but the phone just kept ringing. And it's not like I can go straight to her house! A girl or not, I can't risk getting punched again...or worse...? Hanma could be there too.' He winces at the thought; cupping his cheek dramatically.

'And Baji...after that whole story he told me about Mikey's brother...' He gulps, 'I really have no idea how to get them both to join Toman...'

Takemichi let out another low sigh and stared off into the distance as a few cars passed by; their incessant honking gave the poor blonde boy a headache. But it didn't take long for his brain to tune everything out, allowing him the sweet sound of silence. And it couldn't be more appreciated.

Until.

"Hey, blondie!" A voice called out, grabbing Takemichi's attention in an instant. He rotates with a hum; his brows raised with confusion. He figured he was the only one outside at this hour, but then again, he should've expected some form of company.

And low and behold, there it was. It was a rather shorter blonde male; resting upon a secluded swingset, "Get over here. Come and take a seat," he urged; watching as Takemichi's expression scrunched up.

All he could do was stand there; dumbfounded. And as his eyes scanned the boy head to toe, he noticed his rather odd appearance. His entire face was wrapped in bandages, with a few bruises showing here and there. He also had a black undercut that went along with his blonde bowl cut. And he seemed oddly familiar for some reason.

'Who's this guy? He looks pretty banged up. And he's definitely got some screws loose.' Takemichi pondered; tucking his hands back into his pockets. Then, with a soft sigh, he turned to gaze up ahead, "Gonna ignore him..."

The boy resting upon the swingset is appalled at first, but didn't hesitate in his shouting, "I guess we both had a pretty rough day yesterday!" He proclaimed with a grin; observing as Takemichi halted once again.

"Huh...? What did you just say...?" He murmured; knitting his brows together.

The small boy is now satisfied with his reaction, lowering his head with an even bigger grin, "That Baji...and that friend of yours? They really are something, aren't they?" he beamed; tipping his head to the side as he flashed his small canines.

You would've assumed Takemichi was solving a Rubik's cube, with how confused he was. Even so, he parted his lips yet again, "Do you...know them? Who even are you...?!"

The boy sits up straight, his head falling back with pride, "I'm in the Tokyo Manji Gang too! I'm the 1st Division's Vice-Captain." He announced before leaning his head forward, "The name's Chifuyu Matsuno!" He beamed; oddly proud of his self-introduction.