Chapter VIII: Assertion

~.~

"You don't understand anything until you learn it more than one way."

~.~

[August 1st, 2005 - Monday]

"I can't believe we're actually visiting him," Althea scowled; rolling her eyes as her right arm hooked itself in between (Y/N)'s. "Didn't he ghost the both of us? Now, all of the sudden, he appreciates our company?!" She grumbled.

(Y/N) sighs, "I know you two aren't on the same page right now. But...—" She looks ahead, "...—Takemichi's... changed, and he's trying to atone for all his mistakes." Althea scoffs lightly in retort.

The taller female hangs her head low with defeat before smiling softly. "It would make me very happy if you two at least tried to get along. Just for today," (Y/N) affirmed, sending a soft smirk as Althea's cheeks puffed up with a pout; she was now struggling to avert (Y/N)'s tempting gaze.

She then groaned in defeat, "Fine, but if he does or says anything that annoys me? We're leaving." She mandates. (Y/N) hums with a gureenteed nod. "That's right, we leave."

And with that being said, the pair finally arrived at the Hanagaki residence; letting themselves in thanks to his mother before trailing up toward his rather small and peculiar room.

And with one swing of his door, there he appeared. Takemichi sat in a jet-black swivel chair, his gaze narrowed toward a table containing a jigsaw puzzle. It appeared to be made up of dozens of pieces that needed to be put together. It was undoubtedly a difficult game to complete on your own.

"Uh, Takemichi?" The boy jolts with surprise; nearly flying from his seat entirely.

"WHA—?!" His eyes are wide and full of fear before he scanned the confused expressions that draped over the pair's faces. Takemichi's face then relaxed. "Oh! Althea, (Y/N)! Glad you two showed up."

Althea crosses her arms. "Gusto ko ng umuwi." She grumbles in Tagalog; stomping her foot firmly onto the ground. (Y/N) displays a stoic expression. "Magpakabait ka." She mandated; stealing a serious glance at the shorter female.

The blond is only left further confused before he extended his arm. "Uh... how about you guys have a seat...?" He urged; observing as Althea was the first to plop onto his bed with a pout; making sure that it was plainly obvious how annoyed she was.

(Y/N), on the other hand, takes a seat on the floor, near the jigsaw puzzle. There is a moment of silence before (Y/N) cleared her throat. "Takemichi. Aren't you gonna ask Althea what we came here for?" She backtracked; narrowing her eyes out of aggravation.

He perks up, rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh right...!" his throat clears, "Althea? Can you—?"

A shadow then suddenly cast across Althea's face. "No." The petite girl dismissed; turning her head in the opposite direction to avoid Takemichi's gaze. "Althea—..." sighs (Y/N).

"No!!" She interjects with a loud groan. "I just don't get it...!" Her gaze turns to (Y/N), extending a finger toward the blond male sitting before them. "Why is it that every time when he needs our help he calls us?!"

Her gaze returns to Takemichi. "...—But any other time, you ghost us?" Her arms then cross and her brows knit. "(Y/N) may be somewhat forgiving, but I'm not. You don't do that to your friends! Especially when they've had your back for years!!"

Takemichi sulks in his swivel chair; feeling as if he had been shot with multiple arrows. His head then narrowed. "I know, and I don't think any amount of apologies can fix that..." He acknowledges. "...—But please, this one time, I need your help— (Y/N) needs your help."