Chapter XIX: Compulsory

[TW: Extreme violence; Broken bones.]

~.~

"When a person is bad, that person has to be taught a lesson."

~.~

[October 19th, 2005 - 4:35 PM]

[Meanwhile]

As the mid-afternoon birds sang their little songs, and the honks from the busy cars continued to disrupt the peace, (Y/N) leaned against her counter, dramatically groaning to herself as she stared longingly at the door. Doing overtime was one thing, but on boring Wednesdays like these? She couldn't help but sulk more and more.

Not to mention how stressful school had been, with the school year almost being over and the billions of assignments she had been given before that, the large weight of stress was becoming too much.

She didn't wanna admit this out loud but, she truly did wish for a break. And not just any break like her boss would often grant her, but... an actual break from her family, form this job, and from...well...the countless thoughts rummaging through her head.

It had been about two months since Takemichi time leaped. And, as expected, he had no knowledge of what either of them did to save Draken during the battle against Moebius. Meaning, he also had no knowledge of their chats, and the levels he went through to earn her trust again. So, they were no longer close... and in a way, no longer friends.

Things were all back to square one again.

Despite such a cruel reality, a part of her wanted to be relieved. After all? No more hectic adventures! She wanted this...right?

Another groan is released as (Y/N) flopped backward in her uncomfortable metal chair, her head now leaning back as her eyes traveled across the entire ceiling. She was practically counting the tons of cobwebs and dust resting on each tile at this point. But, upon ignoring the disgusting setting, she proceeded to remind herself of why she was even there. Alone.

She wanted this...she wanted things to go back to normal. She didn't want to deal with delinquents or put herself in harm's way anymore. Especially after what Hanma had done. Althea was right from the beginning and she should've listened.

So why...

'Why do I miss him...?' A hand planted itself to her forehead before the sound of jingles was made.

Great. Another customer.

(Y/N) immediately sat up in her seat, rubbing the lids of her eyes before slowly opening them once again, only to be taken by surprise. At first, she expected to see any other customer, just another annoyed stranger who wore a disgusting scowl. But, to her surprise, she saw a familiar yet large smile.

"Althea? Hey!" She affirmed, leaning against the counter as her petite friend did the same, "Hey, (Y/N)! Bored as always, I see?" She teased, tipping her head to the side as (Y/N) dramatically rolled her eyes at the inquiry.

"You have no idea. I actually just finished mopping up some coffee that a previous customer spilled. You can imagine how that went." Althea winces at the info, "Gross. Don't people have any sort of common decency?" She replied, quickly grabbing her wallet from the pocket of her pants. It was a tiny peach-colored leather material, with a white kitten displayed on the front. It definitely suited her, due to her love for cats.

(Y/N) then chuckles, raising a cheeky eyebrow, "I'm pretty they lost that when the world was created. Anyways, aside from that? I'm guessing you're having the regular?"