A nice chat with the gods

(Percy's POV)

"Argh!" Our screams echoed through the dark chamber as we tumbled down through the darkness. What could only have been mere seconds felt like hours until the darkness finally thinned and light morphed around our bodies. Before we knew it, a golden floor was coming towards our face faster and faster. My face was inches from sure splattering when I froze. Literally. A pink dust cloud had formed around us and completely immobilized me. All of a sudden, my surroundings changed and I was now sitting in a recliner ... WITH A MASSAGE BUTTON! My hand started to move towards the button, but it disappeared before I could touch it.

"Awwww!" I groaned at the same time as two other voices. They came from Jason and Nico who were sitting right next to me in similar recliners. They probably had had the same idea as me when they saw the massage buttons.

As I look around the room for the first time, I notice that that there are fourteen godly faces staring down at me with amusement from their thrones. And yes, I did say fourteen. Hestia and Hades finally gotten their rightful places on the Olympian council they should have been given long ago.

Well, they all looked at me with amusement except for Aphrodite. She looked mad. Beyond mad - you would have to create another word for mad to describe how mad she is. I feel really bad for the poor mortals right now because they are probably having their love lives being messed with and emotions running rampant. "YOU ALMOST KILLED THEM!" her beyond-angry yet still somehow angelic voice echoed around the throne room. "YOU ALMOST KILLED THE BEST COUPLE SINCE HELEN OF TROY!"

"Aphrodite, calm down! We have more important issues to discuss!" Zeus's voice thundered throughout the throne room, momentarily overpowering Aphrodite's shrieks, but not by much.

"CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! YOU EXPECT ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN YOU WERE THIS CLOSE TO KILLING MY FAVORITE COUPLE EVER?!" She demonstrated how close they had been with her fingers.

"Aphrodite! They didn't die! You saved them. Your favorite couple is still alive! And I'm the king, so you shouldn't yell at me," Zeus said almost drowning in his own cockiness.

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE MY KING! IF YOU EVER KILL, OR EVEN ATTEMPT TO KILL, ONE OF MY FAVORITE COUPLES AGAIN I WILL MAKE SURE THAT FOR THE REST OF YOUR GODLY LIFE YOU WILL NEVER, EVER LOOK GOOD AGAIN!"

Zeus visibly gulped for he knew that the love goddess never lied about anything fashion related. "Okay Aphrodite," he conceded, "but I believe that we need to discuss more pressing issues - such as the fact that your own daughter is in danger with the silly mortal government." Aphrodite simply huffed and sat back down on her throne, all the while glaring vehemently at Zeus.

"Can someone please just tell me where Leo and Piper are so that we can go get them?" I asked the gods as if it was the most simple solution ever. They looked at us, surprised, as they had momentarily forgotten we were there.

Jason continued what I had been saying, supplying more information. "Apparently they were kidnapped by a secret mortal organization that thinks we are some huge threat or something. Now we need to figure out some way for us to get them out. They think that all of the seven are dangerous. They are after all of us. We need to figure out how to get them out and fast!" Jason informed us, his voice growing slightly frantic towards the end.

"Okay," I responded. I turned back to the gods, asking, "Can't you just flash them here like you did with us? They're with mortals; it shouldn't be that hard to get them here. Just use the mist or something."

"Well, we could but-" Zeus was interrupted before he could finish.

"But what?" I demanded. "If you know where they are then can't you just flash them here?"