Sweater off dead

Elder Kettle made pancakes. He tossed some over to you then cuphead and missed Mugman. Mugsy pealed the last pancake off the wall and was swallowed down by a face in the wall. You and Cuphead screamed.

"Elder Kettle! Help!" you screamed but Elder Kettle was a sack of bones. You screamed, "No!" a goat busted his head through the door as you cried. "Remember me?" it asked. "Y-yes. I think of you often, goat from the front yard." Cuphead said.

"You souls are mine!"

You and Cuphead woke up screaming, "You had the dream again, didn't you?" Mugman asked, unfased about the situation. You sighed, "Yeah.." "That's it! Let's go!" Mugman got out of bed and went to his cupboard.

"It's the middle of the night, where are we going?" you yawned. 

---------------------------------------

Devil felt bad after seeing you cry. He didn't know why. "Why do I feel this way?" he asked himself.

-------------------------------------

"Mugsy, where are you taking us?" you asked. He led you to a fountain and pulled out a bag, "Is that my sour fizzy jaw breaker?" Mugman dropped it into the water. "Hey!"

A light shone from the water, "When in doubt, young man of mug, give you brother and nephew one last hug. I am Quadratus, the great and wise!" the foutain spoke. "Come closer young ones so I may advise."

-after getting the sweater-

"It's nice and warm." you said as a puff of smoke appeared behind you. "the Dev-"

"Yeah, I'm here for the souls. Let's make it snappy." he reached for you bu was shocked by the invisible sweater. "Are you okay?" you asked. "You're wearing an impenetrable, invisible sweater!"

"Yeah, Mugman made it for me. Y/n made theirs themselves." Cuphead told him. "Now, we'll be on our way home." you walked past him with a cocky grin.

Devil got angrier and teleported infront you, Cuphead screamed, "The Devil!" you hit him on his handel. "We're wearing the sweater you gumby!" you said to him. "Oh, right."

"About that. Why don't you save us both some time and take it off?"

"Fat chance." you yelled. "I'll give you 10 bucks~"

"Deal!"

"Y/n, your soul's worth more than 10 bucks!" Mugman stopped you. "Oh yeah. Make it 15." you told the Devil. "Do actually think that your soul is worth such a little amount?"

"Yeah, why?" you asked. "N-no reason! No reason at all!" he blushed and poofed away. 

On your way home there was circus, "Hurry, hurry, hurry! Step right up!" you stopped in your tracks. "See the teapot tentacle lady! Encounter the bearded flamingo! Gawk at the really big squirrel!"

You three gasped, "Big squirrel!" you walked toward the entrence, "We gotta see how big it is." Mugman said. "Righ this way!"

"Wait guys!" Mugsy pointed to the sign that said 'No sweaters allowed'. "Something doesn't feel right." you looked at the man that hosted. "It's the Devil in disguise, guys!"

"Let's go."

As you were walking you smelled something, "Something smells delicious!" Mugsy said. You saw a free hotdog stand. "Oh boy! Free hot dogs."

Cuphead put tomao sauce onto a hot dog, "Wait!" you took the hot dog from him. "Look," you read the sausage, "One bite of this free hot dog may unleash a plague of sweater-eating demon moths."

"It's another trick!" Mugman and Cuphead walked off, "Keep trying bud." you said to the stand that morphed into Devil. He growled, "I'll get you next time." you patted his head. "Sure you will."

You walked off and caught up with the brothers, "I know I said wear the sweater, but take ir off, and that's much better." the fountain guy said. "Ooooo, so close." you said as you splashed the water.

"Quadratus doesn't have horns, genius." you told the Devil and he growled and morphed back. All three of you ran off, "Look we're almost out of the woods!" Mugsy yelled. Devil poofed in fron of you...again.

"No. you're not!" he yelled. "Now take off those sweaters!" he pointed his pitchfork at you. "Nope."

"You should try transforming into someone who doesn't fail all the time." you said as you leaned on the pitchfork. What you said made Cuphead and Mugman burst with laughter, Devil growled and fire built up behind you.

You fell back, "Phew..so hot." Cuphead said. Devil snickered and made the fire bigger. You coughed, "Oh goodnes." 

You and Cuphead started panting, "I'm cooking in here. I gotta take this thing off." Cuphead was about to take his sweater off. "Cuphead, don't!" 

"I can't--I can't take it!" a lighbulb lit above your head, "Mugsy, give your brother and aunt/uncle one last hug!" Mugman hugged you and Cuphead. "Hey, what are you doing?" Cuphead asked. Devil kept making the fire bigger.

You were almost set on fire about it travelled over you three. There was a big explosion, but you were unharmed. The trees around you were destroyed and your har was a mess. 

Devil yelled in anger and threw a fit. "You guys go, I'll calm him down." the two brothers ran away.

"oh calm down ya big baby!" Devil looked at you. He morphed back into his Demon form, "You were slapping around like a baby watching cocmelon." you laughed. A small chuckle came ou the Devil.

You took his hand in yours, "You just need to calm down a bit." you said in soothing tone. "Just take a few deep breathes." Devil did as you told him and we calmed down. "There we go."

You that the sun was almost up, "How long has it been? Sorry Devil, I gotta go." you ran off leaving Devil alone with blush that formed on his cheeks.