Ch 20

Moon's POV:

Today was surprisingly going to be a good day. I didn't have to go to school like everybody else and just got to spend time at my job. I woke up at about 4 in the morning and stretched until I felt something in my arm pop. I stood and made my way into the bathroom. I grabbed a towel and set it up on the counter that held the sink in place. Turning the valve of the shower, I stripped myself of the clothing I was originally wearing last night, which was only my boxers. I stepped into the shower feeling the warm water clash with my skin. I sighed, it felt nice.

I turned off the shower after doing what people normally do when they shower. I threw on some black sweatpants, a white t-shirt, and socks. I headed downstairs and dug into the pantry to find something to eat. I found a granola bar which would hold me over for about an hour and a half. I shoved the bar into my pocket and walked to the door of my apartment. I threw on my shoes and my coat that held the keys to my car inside of it. My feet hit the ground repeatedly, making a higher pitched sound once stepping into the elevator.

~20 minutes later~

The drive wasn't too long and is always somewhat peaceful due to there being barely any cars on the roads. The time shifted to 5am by the time I reached the daycare. I pulled into a parking spot, shut off my car, then walked to the backdoor of the building. My keys jangled as I fidgeted with them trying to unlock the door.

Ch- Click!

I was greeted by cold air surrounding me as I entered the building, and more hitting my back once the door closed behind me. The lights flickered on once some sort of device detected my movements. I turned on the heaters that were built inside of the walls of the building. I made my way to the changing room where I would put on my uniform, the uniform was mostly dark blue and white. A nighttime cap with yellow stars on it, even one on the tip. A red tutu/skirt-like thing, blue pants with stars on it, bells to go on my hands with red ribbon, and finally black shoes. The costume gave me the appearance of a humanoid moon. Ironically, it for my name really well. It was now 5:15, I have an hour left until the children arrive.

I unlocked the main room of the daycare, it was actually the daycare part of the building. There were 2 jungle gyms, a large ball pit, soft cylinder, square, triangle, rainbow, and other oddly shaped blocks. There was a naptime area, and finally a finger painting area.

The room was dark, quiet, eerie, and nostalgic. The only way to turn the lights of the main room on was by climbing into the play structures and turning on power generators (because somehow the light switch doesn't want to bother with working), there were 5 of them. I grabbed a flashlight and made my way through the jungle gyms.