Chapter 1 // homeward bound.

September 10th, 2005

The swan residence.
Forks, Washington.
Rowens pov.

I pulled my black Ford F-150 up to my dad's house, the white sliding and bay window brought much-needed comfort to my tense body. I hadn't told him I was coming home, I knew he'd be surprised and that was my reasoning. I wanted to see the smile on his face when he saw me.
The rain hammered on my bonnet, splattering on my face. My cheeks were most certainly red from the sudden freezing temperatures but also the bloody rain. Using my right hand I shielded my eyes from the harsh pellets of the rain as I stepped out of my truck, I adored living in Italy it shone bright and the sun was warm but my heart will always remain in rainy damp forks.

I jogged slightly up the path that lead to the house be sure to watch my footing, recalling an all too painful memory of the stones being ridiculously slippery one afternoon resulting in a broken wrist...
I raced up the stairs to the porch, before I could raise my hand to knock the brown glass door swung open revealing a dishevelled Charlie swan.

"Pa!!!"
I exclaimed throwing my arms around his waist, after the initial shock he held onto me tightly placing a kiss on my crown.
Pa pulled away and held my rain-soaked freckled face in his hands.

"Roo?"
He whispered. I nodded quickly tears springing in my eyes, raindrops dripping from my lashes.

"It's me, dad... I'm home."
Not a moment too soon another figure came behind him. A small, brunette girl glanced between me and my dad, who upon seeing her acted as if he had forgotten something.

"Shoot! Right erm... Bella this is-"
he gestured to me but I interrupted.

"You're Isabella?"
I quipped, my brows furrowing when I took in her appearance, she was wearing a pair of converse, blue dark wash jeans, a white tank with a brown long-sleeve top layered over. Her warm muddy brown hair fell softly on her shoulders to which she had placed a black headband.
She pulled at her sleeve, fiddling with the hem, and her eyes trailed my appearance.
Looking down I realised why, I was nearly soaked, and my outfit clung uncomfortably to my frame. I had neglected to grab my coat from the passenger seat of my truck, for being far too excited to greet my dad. Now my navy blue woollen turtleneck, black pencil skirt and knee-high leather boots, even my black tights stuck to me uncomfortably.

I fidgeted and began to shiver, the adrenaline of seeing dad wore off and I was left wet, annoyed and exhausted.

"Can we do this inside you're gonna freeze roo?"
Dad took his jacket off to place on my shoulders, it seems I interrupted him just as he was heading out... but alas being the favourite I was immediately welcomed in.

"Bella, could you make her some fresh coffee-"
I lit up immediately at his suggestion.

"Ooo yes... coffee would be nice."
I glanced at dad pure joy graced his face, though his smile was warming enough.