Friends

When I woke up once again Zach was gone, but he left a note this time saying he'll see me tomorrow. Which was ok, I did some studying for my last benchmark, and then ate dinner, and went to bed. I thought everything was going to be ok, but boy was I wrong. Even though Amanda wasn't at school, I was still getting noticed by a lot of people. I should have known that the rumor would still be fresh.

The fact that everyone was watching me, made me feel really nervous so I kept my head down most of the time. I haven't seen Zach all day, so I kept to myself. A lot was going on in my mind, and I let out a sigh. I could hear whispers behind me, and I balled up my fists biting my lower lip. A hand then touched my shoulder, shocking me, and I glanced behind me quickly to see Terrell.

"Hey little bit."

I guess that's my new nickname from him, and he shoved his hands into his pockets. Turning around, I leaned back against my locker giving him s little smile.

"Hi Terrell."

He became silent, and stared at me for a moment, before frowning. What's wrong, why is he looking at me like that, and I suddenly was feeling nervous.

"Um Terrell..."

"Are you alright."

He interrupted me, and I stared at him slightly startled, giving him a little nod.

"I'm fine."

"Really?"

Staring in his brown eyes, I felt myself hesitate for a second. Was I ok? Of course I wasn't, I've never been able to handle bullying so I made myself less noticeable. I don't want them to know how much this bothers me, because I know this would burden Zach somehow. Lowering my gaze, I held my hands together tightly.

"I'm ok.

"Don't lie."

"Huh?

Looking at him, he seemed angry now.

"It's obvious you're not ok, just look at you."

Dropping my head in defeat, I squeezed my hands together tightly.

"M'sorry."

"It's fine, but you can always come to us if something wrong."

"Ok."

Lifting my head, he now had a grin on his face.

"Ok, come on."

He grabbed my hand pulling me through the hall. Making it outside, I was led to a motorcycle, and stopped in my tracks. Staring at it in panic, and my hand was suddenly let go. Was he expecting me to get on that thing or something, and I rubbed my arm kind of nervous. He put on a helmet, before turning and tossing me one. Catching it, I stared down at it in my hands.

"Um Terrell?"

"Hmm?"

"Where are you trying to take me?"

"Zach's."

"Zach's?"

"Yeah, everybody there."

I really did want to see Zach, and I bit my lower lip putting the helmet on my head. Terrell then got on the motorcycle. Staring at him for a moment, I took a deep breath getting on behind him. Wrapping my arms around him tightly, I've never rode a motorcycle before before so I was a little scared. We then took off, and I squeezed him tightly, before closing my eyes.

We soon we got to Zach's, and Terrell parked his bike. Letting out a shaky sigh, I took the helmet off handing it to Terrell. Running a hand through my hair, I slowly followed him to the house. He didn't knock or anything, just went right inside. I closed the door behind me, going down the hall. We came to the living room, and there were a couple of faces that I recognized from school, and a few new ones. They all were on the floor staring at the TV, it seemed so kind of game was on.

Walking closer to the couch, I saw that Zach was taking up the whole thing. He had a dark blue tanktop with some shorts. Cheek pressed into the couch, he had his face turned away from me. Terrell walked around the couch, before plopping down beside a guy. I suddenly felt kind of awkward, and a hand then touched my shoulder, and I was startled once again today. Turning my head, I saw Derek giving me a big smile.

"Hey Melissa."

"Hi Derek."

"How'd you get here?"

"Terrell brought me."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"I see."

He stared at me for a moment, before a smile formed on his face.

"You ok, right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Ok, but seriously if something is bothering you, you can always come to me."

"Thanks Derek."

He gave me a grin, before moving passed me, and I went closer to the couch. Staring at Zach laying on his stomach, I had this sudden urge to go and lay on his back. Staring down at his feet, I smiled giving one a little tickle, and he flinched away letting out a muffled groan. Slowly toeing my shoes off, I crawled on the couch, before laying on his back. He rocked from side to side trying to get me off, before letting out a groan. I bit my lower lip from giggling, and he sighed.

"Who's this?"

He soon reached behind me, and once he grabbed my butt, I let out a little squeak. He then turned his head to stared at me shocked, I gave him a little smile, before he rolled around so I was laying on his chest now.

"When did you get here babe."

Babe... he's never called me that before, and I could feel my cheeks slowly lit up. He wrapped his arms around my waist, before turning his head and letting out a little yawn.

"I haven't been here long."

"Oh ok."

Propping up a little, I stared at him for a moment. He had bed hair, and I found myself smiling at the sight of it. Staring into his eyes, they were so blue today, kind of like the sky.

"I missed you today."

His eyebrows shot up in surprise, and I bit my lower lip. I didn't mean to actually say that out loud, and he let out a little chuckle.

"Sorry I wasn't at school, was everything ok?"

I wanted to lie, and tell him everything was fine, but I had a feeling he would see right through me. Laying my head on his chest, I stared at the TV not speaking for a moment, before I clutched his shirt against my hand.

"School was... tiring."

"I see."

I felt as he pet my hair, and I closed my eyes for a moment. With my head against his chest, I could hear his heart beat.

"You know...

Opening my eyes, I lifted my head staring up at him.

... even when I'm not there, you don't have to do everything on your own. The guys are here for you too."

I could feel a smile slowly forming on my face, and I lifted my head slowly scooting closer up on him. Pressing a kiss to his cheek, he turned his head so he was staring into my eyes. Slowly lowering down, I pressed a kiss to his lips. It was soft and gentle, I could feel him grabbing my butt, and pressed me down closer to him. Breaking the kiss, I pressed my face into his neck slowly closing my eyes. A hand ran up my back, before running through my hair, and he squeezed me tightly to him.

"I missed you today too Melissa."

He whispered into my ear, and I shivered, before letting out a little sigh. I felt this feeling forming into my chest, but for some reason I didn't quite know what the name of it was yet.