I'll Protect You

After Zach left I took me a shower (a cold one since I felt like I was burning up), and went straight to bed. I was debating if I should wear my hair up or down when Catherine appeared in my door. Staring at her for a moment, she smirked holding out a bag.

"This is for you."

Walking to her, I took the bag to see there was a pair of jeans in them. Glancing back at her, she was sitting on my bed.

"Um thanks."

"Don't thank me yet, just wear those today."

"Why?"

"Just come on."

Not really feeling like arguing, I changed into the pants. They were black skin tight jeans, which I guess go with my white shirt that says this shirt gives me life, and my Vans. She then sat me down, and put my hair in a high bun, which was ok I guess.

"Good now that your dress, let's go. Mom is driving us."

"Um ok..."

Grabbing my bag, and phone I went out my room. Getting a ride to school was kind of nice, now I don't have to sit on that cold bus. However, once I got to school, I had a feeling I should just go back home. Sadly life doesn't work like that, and I went in the school with Catherine. She was acting kind of weird sticking close to me and everything.

"Well I'm going to my locker."

"Ok I'll be in the cafeteria."

We went our separate ways, and I let out a sigh. Making it to my locker, I put my bag in there, before closing it. I got time to spare, and I rubbed my arm about to walk away.

"Just because you dress cute won't make him like you."

Freezing, I turned my head, and there was Amanda. I stared at her, before frowning walking away. I don't want to deal with her this early, but she was following behind me.

"Why would he like you."

Ignore her

"You aren't that pretty."

Ignore her

"He'll never love you."

Ignore her

"You should just disappear."

IGNORE HER

I keep telling myself to ignore her, but what she is saying is really hurtful.

"He only talks to you, because he's pitting you."

I felt a jolt go through me, and I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. Blinking them away, I walked quicker toward the cafeteria. Why won't she just leave alone, and I walked in before I looked around. I saw Derek and his friends, and I moved it quickly over toward them. Plopping down beside Derek, I put my head down closing my eyes.

"You ok, Melissa?"

Turning my head so I was facing him. I shook my head, before hiding my face again, and he rubbed my back. Letting out a deep breath, I shouldn't let her get to me, and I sat up straight. Turning my head to Derek, he raised his eye brow, and I glanced down at the table. I wonder when Zach is going to get here, and I leaned on my hand.

"Trouble coming again."

I tensed, glancing to see Amanda coming again with Alice right behind her. Letting out a sigh, I looked the other way moving my finger in circles on the table. I could feel them behind me, but I didn't turn around, and I bit my lower lip.

"Will Zach be coming today?"

Everyone stayed quiet, and I glanced around the table to see them staring at her. She really doesn't give up, I wonder what made her so obsessed.