Nightly Visit 2

The last time I saw Zach was when he dropped me off at home. He hasn't been to school in three days for some reason. The bad thing about it is that Amanda hasn't been to school in three days either, and for some reason I have a bad feeling about that. However, Alice have been there every day, and every now and then she would give me this look. I don't know what it means, but still the uneasyness doesn't go away.

Laying on my bed, I pressed my face into my pillow. Dad isn't coming home tonight, and it's kind of windy. It's not like I'm scared or anything, it's just it's kind creepy being in the house by myself. Squeezing my eyes shut tightly, I heard this tapping sound on my window, and I snapped my head up looking toward the window.

Tap Tap Tap

My eyes widen, and I went over toward the window. It's probably a branch or something... but the trees aren't close to my window. Taking a deep breath, sliding the curtain away, I looked, but there was nothing there. What the heck, that was strange, and I lifted my window taking a look out. I couldn't see anything, and my hand was then grabbed.

Screaming I jerked backwards falling on my butt, my eyes widen, and I then heard laughter. Clutching my chest, Zach popped his head inside with a smirk on his face. Giving him a dirty look, I stood up as he came through the window, and closed it back.

"Your so mean."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Huffing, I sat down on my bed. That jerk almost gave me an heart attack, and I sighed staring at him. He was standing there with his hands in his pocket staring at me. Cocking my head to the side, I don't know what he was staring at.

"What?"

"You mad?"

"No I'm not."

He then smiled moving over toward me, and sat down. He yawned stretching out, before laying back, and I stared at him.

"So what are you doing here Zach?"

"I came to see you."

"Oh really."

"Yup, so where is your Dad?"

"Work."

"You should call me on days like these."

"Days like what?"

He then sat up, and stared at me with a frown.

"Days where you are going to be alone."

"Will you come over?"

"Of course."

I could feel a smile forming on my face, when his phone started ringing. Standing up, he walked to the window, and answered it.

"What?"

......

"No, I'm not."

.......

"That has nothing to do with me."

.......

"Damn it, stop calling me. I ain't going to come see you."

He then hung the phone up, before letting a deep breath. He seemed irritated now, and he opened the window. I thought he was leaving, and I jumped up, but he just sat on the edge, and pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket.

"Zach?"

He turned his head to me with the cigarette in his mouth, I frowned at it.

"Do you smoke a lot?"

"Naw, just when I'm stressed."

"It's bad for you."

"I know, but there are only two things that helps me unstress."