What Did You Do This Time?

Several police cars line outside a dilapidated, old gingerbread house. Snow falls from the sky and covers the surrounding area in white. Every other house looks exactly the same as opposed to this house in particular. Outside, Colt wields a megaphone and leans upon the hood of a police car. The police sirens wail in the background.

Colt: "We have the place surrounded! Come out with your hands up!" He speaks confidently. A gust of dense air dissipates near his lips.

Chester swings open the door.

Chester: "NEVER!" He shouts and slams the door. Shortly after, Chester breaks one of the windows upon the front of his house with his head. "AND ANOTHER THING, YOU CAN'T GET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE, NO WAY, NO HOW!!" He retreats back into his house. He faintly shouts, "AND NOW IT'S COLD!!"

Colt: "*Sigh* Chester, you can't evade your taxes forever!"

Chester: "IT ISN'T MY FAULT THAT MY PRINTER BROKE, AND I RAN OUT OF I.O.U STICKERS!!!"

Colt: "That won't help with your. . ." He grabs a piece of paper from his pocket. He begins to read it. "EIGHT MILLION COIN DEBT?!!" The megaphone screeches from the volume of Colt's voice. "S-Sorry. . ." He blushes in embarrassment, and he fiddles with the knob attached to the side of the megaphone. "How did you even rack up such a high debt?!" He rolls his wrist with an open hand that doesn't bear the megaphone. He squints one of his eyes.

Chester: "WILL IT BE GOOD TO SAY THAT I HAVE A GAMBLING ADDICTION?!"

Colt: "No!"

Chester: "*GASP* HOW DARE YOU!! I MAY NOT HAVE ONE, BUT YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO NOT CARE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE IT!! YOU'RE LUCKY I DON'T HAVE TWITTER INSTALLED ON MY PHONE!!"

Colt talks to an officer within the car he is speaking behind. Colt returns to his normal position. However, he has a perplexed look atop his face.

Colt: "What's a Twitter?!"

Chester: "I DON'T KNOW!!"

Colt facepalms.

Colt: "Chester, this isn't working out for either of us! Just walk out of your house, and we can talk this out." Colt gazes at Chester's house. "You mustn't be too comfortable in there. I mean, it looks like it's about to come down.

Chester leans out of his house through the window he broke. He peers at the top of his house.

Chester: "NAH, IT'S BEEN LIKE THAT FOR MONTHS, NOW!!"

Colt: "What happened?! Did the BRS do anything?!" He jokingly remarks.

Chester: "NO, IT WAS THE ELECTRIC COMPANY!!"

Colt: "The electric company?!" His pitch grows higher as he reaches the end of his sentence.

Chester: "THEY BROKE THE SUPPORTS TO MY ROOF, AND THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO BREAK MY KNEECAPS IF I MISSED ANOTHER PAYMENT!!"

Colt: "Did ya?!"

Chester: "WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK I WAS OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE BEFORE CHRISTMAS?!!"

Colt: "Weren't you in jail for identity fraud?!"

Chester: "THAT TOO!!"

They continue to argue for minutes on end before Colt begins to lose his patience.

Colt: "All right, Chester! You step out of your house right now, or we'll open fire!"

Chester: "HOLD ON, I HAVE A BETTER IDEA!!" He exits his house with a coin in hand.

Colt: "What?!"

Chester: "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A COIN TOSS!! IF I WIN, YOU WILL GIVE ME UNTIL TOMORROW TO COME UP WITH THE MONEY, BUT IF I LOSE I'LL COME WITH YOU, DEAL?!!"

Colt: "Why would I do that?!"

Chester: "I'LL JUST STEP BACK INTO MY HOUSE, THEN!!" He turns around.

Colt: "*Groans* Fine! But I swear, if you don't have the money by tomorrow, on the off chance that I lose, you'll be rotting in a jail cell until the end of time!" He points directly at Chester. Afterwards, he sets the megaphone atop the hood of the police car and trots over to Chester.

Chester greets him with a smirk.

Chester: "Ready to lose, again?" He states pompously.

Colt: "Just pick a side!" He says frustratedly.

Chester: "All right." He shuts his eyes for a moment while extending his hands with open palms. "I'll pick tails."

Colt: "Then, I'm stuck with heads, then."

Chester: "Indeed you are, my friend!"

Colt: "I'm not your friend."

Chester: "Agh! Withdraw the dagger from my chest!" He places a hand atop his chest. He acts as though he was stabbed as he stood, and he fails about the ground.

Colt: "JUST FLIP THE DANG COIN!" He shouts.

Chester: "Man, you're no fun!"

Colt: "I WASTED HALF AN HOUR IN FREEZING WEATHER!"

Chester: "Touché." He shifts his head to the side for a moment. "All right, sargent!" He mockingly salutes Colt. The coin rests against the top of his fist, which is vertical. "But, in all seriousness, here we go!" Energy encompasses his voice.

Chester flips the coin. It glimmers in the evening sun. Once it fell, a light layer of snow shot up around it. As the snow settles, the coin reveals to have landed tails side up.

Chester: "HAHA!" He mockingly points at Colt.

Colt: "Yeah, yeah." He opens and closes his hand in a way similar to controlling a puppet. "Just have the money by tomorrow!" He states angrily.

Chester: "Aye, Aye, captain!" He salutes Colt, once again.

Colt: "Ngh." He grunts while stomping away.

Colt enters a police car, and himself as well as his squadron leave the mountains. Chester bears a smug look atop his face throughout. After they leave completely, Chester begins his venture to the Candy Palace.The snow did provide issues for most that day. However, Chester kept himself warm with his constant snickering and feeling of joy

A bell jingled signifying Chester's entrance into the Candy Palace. Mandy greets him with a look void of any emotion. She rests her head upon her hand. She slightly condenses the right side of her face. Once she sees Chester smiling, she cannot help but feel concerned.

Chester: "Heya, Maaaannnnddddyyyy!" He smiles brightly.

Mandy: "What did you do?" She inquires sternly.

Chester: "*Gasp* I didn't do anything." He brings both of his hands to his chest. "For shame, Mandy! You shouldn't think I did anything without proper evidence." He wags a pointer finger at her.

Mandy: ". . . You tricked the police again, didn't ya?"

Chester: "Hehe, yeah!" He says with comical goofiness.

Mandy: "Did you use the chocolate coins again?"

Chester: "Of course I did." He retrieves one from the mesh bag within his pocket. "I don't know when they'll realize that these coins have the same side on both sides." Chester holds a coin between his pointer and index finger. Afterwards, he unwraps said coin. Following that, he throws the coin into his mouth.

Mandy: "You still have to pay for those!" Her face displays that of anger.

Chester: "Eh, jusht put it on my tab." His speech is somewhat incoherent due to the chocolate.

Mandy: "Your 'tab' is overdue by eight million coins!" She curls her fingers to portray air quotes.

Chester: "Don't worry, I got a lot of time to pay it." He grins.

(This isn't the "big chapter" I am working on. I just wanted to make something since I haven't updated this story in some time)