Chapter Seven

Georgia
then

Noah, Jordan and I were all standing by the edge of an ice rink. Cold is a understatement. They were both tying the laces to their shoes. They say I complain i'm cold, yet there wrapped in 4 layers of extra large clothing.

Noah's shirt had the number 9 on the back with his surname underneath and Jordan had the same with number 19.

"Are you sure you don't want to come out on the ice?" Noah asks.

"Like i've said 50 times this morning, i'm sick, i can't stop being sick, I don't feel like getting thrown around on the ice by you two"

Noah and Jordan usually get the rink for themselves to train as Noah is the captain of the team and gets his special privileges.

Noah starts to cough. "Are you both sick? Stay away from me" Jordan said.

"I'm fine" Noah said. "Just a cold coming on, doesn't help i'm standing on an ice rink" he tries to joke around about it.

They go onto the ice and go up, down and round the rink so many times I ended up loosing count. Seems boring. I lie down against the wall and start to fall asleep.

Noah and Jordan start to race up and down the rink. After the second race Noah started to slow down. He stopped and sat down on the ice. I stood up and saw Jordan turn back and skated over to Noah.

They managed to skate over and Noah slumped down on the wall of the rink. "What happened?"

"I lost my breathe, it's fine, it's because i've got a cold" he said.

"Noah, you've been playing hockey for what? 18 maybe even 19 years. That's never happened to you before" Jordan said, he even seemed concerned himself now.

"We're taking you to the doctors" I say already walking away.

"No we're not"

"Yes we are Noah"

It went quiet. Noah was just staring at the floor trying to catch his breathe. Jordan just sat there fiddling with his helmet.

"I'll go if you both get tested for something as-well" he said breaking the silence.

"Tested for what?" I ask. "We're both fine, it's you that clearly has a problem"

"I don't care. Your both getting tested with me to see if there's anything wrong with you two"

I looked over to Jordan and he just shrugged. "Fine Noah. Whatever. Whatever makes you go"

We all got up and left.

When we got to the doctors Noah was being fussy and refusing to go inside. We managed to get him inside and on a table.

"Hello. I'm nurse Bowmore. What can I help you with today?" she asked.

"Bowmore? like the whiskey?" Jordan asked her.

The nurse awkwardly smiled at him. "I guess"

"Jordan shut up, anyway, Noah is saying he doesn't need help but he's very sick" I point to Noah.

"Okay, Noah, what's your problems or even symptoms" she asks him.

"Oh you know just the average cough, it's cold out, I play a sport on the ice, bound to happen" Noah replied acting very chill.

"No" I interrupt. "He's been coughing constantly for the past 3 weeks. He can't even skate without becoming tired anymore, he could barely breathe earlier"

She looked concerned which made it worse. The noise of her typing everything into her computer made the room quiet.

"Georgia needs to get tested too" Noah says interrupting her typing.

"Why is that?" she asks him.

"Because she's sick as-well, she's been being sick all morning" Noah says.

The nurse looked at me, and then Noah and then Jordan.

She stared at Jordan. "I'm sorry who is this? A brother? Friend?"

"Jordan Adams, 24" he said. Thinking the nurse had a fancy to him.

"Jordan. No" Noah said. "He's technically my brother why?"

She then pointed at me "Who are you with?"

"I'm dating Noah, Jordan just has attachment issues" I say.

"Do you mind me asking you questions in-front of him?" She asks.

"Go ahead?" I say with no idea what she's about to ask.

"Are you and..." she points at Noah. "Sexually active?"

All 3 of us just stand in shock.

Jordan starts to smile and looks at the floor.

"Ummm" I say. "Yeah I guess"

"Oooooh" Jordan says. Noah hits him on his arm.

"Any chance you think you could be pregnant?" she asks me.

"No. We don't want kids now, it's not apart of the plan" I say.

"That doesn't mean your not pregnant" she says. "Here's a test. Just check. It's better to be safe than sorry" she says passing me the test.

After 10 minutes I walk back into the room. Noah and Jordan was still sat in silence. I looked and Noah. He looked sad.

"I'm not pregnant" I say.

"See better to be safe than sorry" the nurse said. I nodded. "Well Noah we will have your results within 2 weeks, we will let you know as soon as possible. Until then try stay off the ice"

"Off the ice? Sorry but that's not possible. Big game this weekend"

"It's only for your own health and safety just until you find out your results. After that back on the ice" she says.

"Let's go" Noah's already out the nurses office when he says it. Jordan and I follow.

Jordan dropped us off at home and drove away. We was at our front door, Noah was putting the keys into the lock. "Are you okay?" he asked me. "You didn't say anything the whole way home"

"I'm pregnant" I blurt out.

He stops rattling the keys in the lock and turns around. "You are?" then he paused. "You said you wasn't"

"I saw your face. You seemed disappointed. I know you don't want this but-

"Who said I didn't want this? Okay we didn't plan on it this early but we have a house, we have the spare room, why not?"

"I'm 21, are we even financially stable enough?"

"Of course we are, look it's up to you completely. If your not ready then I understand but if you are then i'll be here for you just as much. Don't decide now, maybe sleep on it for a night or two and then we'll talk about it again"

"You always know the right things to say" I say smiling at him.

"Easy when i'm talking to you, now hurry up it's freezing" he says.