Chapter 12 - Losing Friends

Start from the beginning

            Ashton sent a gust of wind at the bear knocking it out of the way. “I got the bear, go get the girl.”

            The Druid raised his staff over Audrey’s body. Just then, Audrey woke up and kicked the Druid’s leg. The man fell backwards and Audrey bolted up and ran towards Ford. Ford leapt up as well and focused a tornado of wind on the Druid sending him into the wall.

            The second the Druid hit the wall the animals he created disappeared. He slumped to the ground dead.

            “And that is that.” Ashton said looking at the body across the hall. Ford stared at the body. It wasn’t some magical creature that would just disappear; it was a real human – one that had been living for thousands of years but a real one.

            “Look Ford, time for byes.” Audrey pulled her friend close and squeezed his hand. Ford turned his head, the same statue’s eyes started to turn green.

            “Oh don’t worry about us, just go! But here, your fashion accessory!” Jana smiled and gave the two a hug. Then she hand over her sunglasses to Audrey. “Lord knows I don’t need them here.”

            “Thanks,” Audrey hugged Jana back.

            “Come visit us in the future!” Ashton shouted. But his voice trailed off and Ford felt his body being pulled forward .The room began to melt again and just like that Audrey and him were back in the dimly lit room. They looked around and went back out into the museum. Only a few minutes had passed when they ran into Ms. Joyce.

            “You two enjoying yourselves?” Ms. Joyce smiled at the two. “I found this great piece, care to join me to look at it.”

            “Sure,” The two friends said in unison.

***

            The rest of the week went well and they saw most of the sites around the city. It was an amazing trip. Ford had finally gotten to the point where he wouldn’t have to be alone with his secret. But he had something, or rather someone more on his chest that he needed to tell his friend about. After the week ended and the class boarded their flight in Heathrow and were heading back, Ford decided to tell Audrey.

Ford glanced over at Carter, who had passed out against the window.  The hum of the airplane engine filled the cabin and most everyone was sleeping. Audrey was looking at the glasses that Jana gave her.

            “I don’t know what to do about Levi. When I see him back at school,”           

            “Oh gosh, Ford,” Audrey smiled and shook her head. “You’re a superhero, there is nothing you can’t do.”

            “Audrey,” Ford poked his friend and laughed.

            “Well, do you like him?” She questioned.

            “I don’t know, I don’t dislike him but…maybe,” Ford had thought about it. Him and the jock might make a good combination.

            “Well, talk with him, it’s a process – it won’t happen all at once.” Audrey paused and then became suddenly serious. “Ford, I need to tell you something. You know our first night in London, when I needed to tell you something.” She paused and he eyes became teary, “Oh god, I can’t,” she wiped away a tear.