TEN

Micheal had cancelled his meeting the moment he received the call. The last thing he ever expected from Leena was for her to step into the hive. She had not been there own her own since they 'broke up ' and he guessed she would never go back.

It was practically a private BDSM club where they had once done all sorts of insane things. Things he so badly wanted to do to her all over again but not in that place. Not with him as her dome. He wanted to be more than that to her. Even though it seemed like too much of an expectation now that she was married.

When he finally made it to the club, he easily spotted her at the bar and got rid of the guy who was busy trying to make conversation with her just by saying, "she's with me."

"Oh wow! Another problem...did Matt call you?" Leena asked while sipping from the bottle of scotch she had in hand that was nearly empty.

Matt was his friend from the club and he knew about Leena. He had always been the one to call Micheal whenever Leena showed up at the club and his call was the most unexpected that morning.

Micheal knew about Leena's relation with her mom. The last time something involving her mom came up, she completely switched off. She pushed herself so hard at the club he had to stop her from coming there for a while before learning that she was depressed and getting her to therapy.

She never told him the problem then, and even now, he still did not know what happened. All he knew was that her mom was involved. Nothing else got her to the ' I no longer care' version of her except that.

Leena was more than drunk, and he could tell that she had been crying at some point. Her focus was on her drink so much that she did not pay any attention to him as he stood beside her.

"It's time to leave Leena."

"Leena?" She asked while turning to him, her eyes trying hard to fully focus on his, "it's not Leena, it's Selene. Remember?"

She drunk a little more from the bottle tapping it on her tongue when she realized nothing came out. Micheal grabbed the bottle from her, asking the waiter to ignore her pleas for more drinks.

"Leena we have to go. Now!!"

It was no longer a request. He was commanding her and it infuriated her in every way. She could not even remember the last time someone commanded her to do something, the last time she was a submissive, and yet Micheal was doing exactly that.

"You're not my dome, you're not my husband, you're not my boyfriend," she said, lazily pointing at him and barely able to make up a clear sentence, "hell you're not even my ex boyfriend. You....you have no right over me."

She was breathing so fast and loud that she had to pause just to calm herself. It was the drink and Micheal did not stop her. He let her vent anything she felt if it meant getting her better and getting her out of there.

"I'm so stupid," she chuckled, " I don't know why I thought that you...Shawn...Micheal,could fall in love with me. I thought- I thought you liked me...but the joke's on me right?"

She lay her head on the bar and closed her eyes letting every word in mind flow out of her mouth without thinking twice. She could not remember when last she felt so good. So free. And this figure in front of her, whether an illusion or real, was the right person to tell everything.

"Do you know how crushed I felt when you ended things? Over a TEXT. Christ!!! Who even breaks up over a text... I mean, was I that boring to you?" She asked as she got up to look at Micheal, getting frustrated and angry seeing that he did not respond to a thing.

He stood there, eyes on her, watching her say all these things and not even bothering to react to her. It made her feel miserable, like she was such a simp. Except she might have as well been one, having had a one sided love story building in her head while he was busy getting rid of her.

The meetings became less, as though he was losing interest in her and he started frequenting with Aphrodite. Another of the many subs but one of the few good ones. Leena had guessed that she named herself after a goddess because she literally looked like one.

She lost her place with Micheal but even still, she could not believe how fast he replaced her. When she received his text about ending things, she was not sure how to feel. They were not really dating, but it felt like she had lost some sort of connection. And that was when  her ex showed up later that evening wanting to get back together with her.

"You know, you were the first person I never thought twice about," she said placing her head back on the counter, " I didn't care that you didn't have everything I thought of as perfect," she laughed at her own statement, "well it's everything my mom thought of as perfect. All I wanted was you...and when you left, I knew I could never ever do that again. And  I ended up married to Jonathan," she paused, taking some time to let the burning sensation in her chest dissipate.

She was not good with drinking, but everytime she did, she did it like a pro. It did not mean she was used to it entirely though.

"And then you show up and suddenly you bring back all these feelings...you bring back everything I thought was gone and this part of me that doesn't give a shit about perfection. Now I don't even know what I want, I don't know what I want from you..."

She stays silent for a while and suddenly feels the urge to throw up. Unable to say it, scared that she might not control it if she does, Leena gets up frantically looking at Micheal. She fans herself in hopes that he will understand what she is implying.

"You feel like puking?"

Leena does not answer, she only nods her head and he immediately asks for a bucket from the bartender. She pukes into it while he holds her hair in place and the bucket her head is almost immersed in.

"You don't need to worry about me," Leena says once she feels better, "I just needed a drink in a place no one would recognise me. Except Matt. So you can go back to your girlfriend now. I'll be fine."

With that, she lays her head on the counter and slowly blacks out before being carried to the car by Micheal.