Chapter 7

The rain started pouring down even harder than before, you were still standing on top of the platform with your eyes glued on the doors to Notre Dame.

How much time has passed you didn't know nor did you care. Your mind was too busy racing at all this chaos that happened in only a matter of minutes. First Quasimodo finally musters up the courage to leave his home to visit the outside world and they treat him (even though you regret agreeing with his 'master' about how the people would treat him) that he's ugly and a monster which is NOT true! And now Esmé is on the run for standing up for you and Quasi...wait...

Was this your fault...? You are the one that kept pushing Quasi to come out of his comfort zone and Esmé is only being hunted by Frollo because he protected you and Quasimodo.

"I did this..." the words came out of your mouth in a soft whisper.

"(Name). Let's get you out of here. You're a mess." You felt someone gently put their hands on your shoulders, guiding you down the stairs.

You looked to your side to see that it was Alice, the rain had drenched her as well making her golden locks now a dirty blonde color.

"Alice." You stared at your best friend, your (h/c) hair now loose with some strands sticking to your face.

Alice gave you a pitied look, pulling off your bandanna that was tangled in your hair. She draped it over her arm and took your hand leading you further away from notre dame, your eyes to the stone floor.

You didn't know if the numb feeling you were experiencing was your body freezing from the cold wet rain or you just simply couldn't feel anything at all.

"Is she okay?" You heard Arthur somewhere near by, you didn't bother to look.

"What's wrong with Teddy?" Jacky whined.

"She's just in shock. Let's get her home. We don't want to get involved in the man hunt for that gypsy." That sentence was like a punch to the chest, knocking some sense into you.

You came to a stop, halting all movement around you.

"(Name) come on we gotta get you home." Alice lightly tugged on your arm but you pulled back. "(Name)."

"I'm not going home. It's my fault those two got in trouble." You spoke.

"What? What are you talking about? You had nothing to do with them." Alice said, you immediately looked up at her (e/c) meeting blue.

"Yes I do." You snatched your bandanna back. "And I'm gonna do whatever I can to help them." You wrapped your hair back up again in your wet bandanna, going now in the opposite direction from home, towards the bell tower.

"(Name) you did what you could to help that poor boy. He's back home. And that gypsy brought this on himself. Let the guards deal with him." Arthur spoke up, catching up with you in long strides.

"That boy is my friend and has been for 5 years!" You whipped around, hissing at him. He stepped back not knowing what he said to make you angry, little Jacky in his arms looked like he was about to cry. "And as for the gypsy" you looked over your shoulder at Alice. "I told you before that if I've fallen for a man who sees me for me, you'd be the first to know." Her eyes widen. "I told you but you didn't believe me. You didn't believe that your best friend has finally found someone who makes her happy. Even if he's a gypsy." Alice looked like she was recalling the memory of you telling her that you are in love with a gypsy that she blatantly brushed to the side, seeing it as a simple crush or joke.

But she seconded guessed when he literally stood up for you to Judge Frollo and the loving smile he gave only to you. All the signs she just witnessed she didn't want to believe it.