Chapter 6

You hoisted up your dress in a rush to follow the stumbling bell ringer, your heart going a mile a minute that he's finally here and out of the tower. You apologizing every few seconds from bumping into people or performers trying to catch up with Quasi. He seemed to be colliding into people too like he was either running from someone or was letting people push him in any direction of the festival.

"Hey! Quasi!" You shouted to your dear friend but the sounds of the festival must've drowned you out cause he didn't respond to your voice. You tried to hurry up and catch up with him only to see him being pulled in a dance circle with the towns people.

You watched as he was forced to merrily move his feet to the beat of the music. You giggled at the sight and wished it was you pulling him out to dance. You two would have so much fun.

"Teddy!!" You yelped with a start as a small body of a child collided hard against your legs.

"Oh my!" You see the child look up at you with big green eyes, his curly brown hair in need of a hair cut since his bangs were almost covering his eyelids. "Well if it isn't little Jacky!" You smiled big at him and scooped him in your arms, setting him on your wide hip.

"You're here you're here! Did you see the magic people?" You giggled at Jacky's term for gypsies.

"I did! Aren't they doing a lot of amazing tricks?" You asked.

"We just saw them do a puppet show for the kids." You turn to see Arthur coming up  from behind greeting you with a smile.

"Well hello Arthur. Where are the girls? I assume they were with you?" You craned your neck to look around for his 7,8,and 9 year old sisters but they were no where in sight.

"They went off with their friend and her mother. I'm just on duty with watching Jacques." He greets you with a smile, his hair looking extra fluffy it could be a pillow.

"Is that so? Well I'm hurt that you watched the puppet show without me!" You teased, tickling Jacky's side.

"We can see it again! Atty can we see it again with Teddy?" Jacky waved his arms around with excitement almost as if he wanted to fly from your arms.

"Hehe but as much as I would love that, I can't—" you looked over at the people dancing to see Quasimodo no where to be found. "Ah where did he go?" Arthur followed your gaze.

"Were you looking for someone?" He asks, the look he was giving you was puzzling cause it seemed as if he's searching for something.

"Yes. I thought I saw a friend of mine in the crowd and tried to catch him but I don't think he heard me calling his name." You replied.

"Would you like us to help you find him?" He asks.

"Oh no it's alright. I'm sure I'll run into him again! It's the festival of fools so I'm sure he's already having a lot of fun." You smiled, looking out into the bustling crowd, praying that he'll be okay.

"Yay! Yay! Teddy can play with me! Teddy Teddy Teddy, I want to go to a magic show!" Jacky wrapped his arms around your neck to give you a big hug, a strange sensation on the left side of your neck made you flinch which the 5 year old noticed immediately. "Teddy? Are you cold?" He blinked his puppy dog eyes at you. "Ah, you have a boo boo!" He reached for your neck.

You tilt your head a bit at what he was talking about and went to touch where he was staring hard at only to be beaten by Arthur as he grazed his fingers on the same spot that made you flinch.

"Uh...(Name)? What is that?" You leaned back a bit to prevent the brunette from touching your neck any further. But he leaned in closer to examine whatever caught his eye.