Nobody could know, not Steve, not her parents, not the boys, not El, and especially... not Max.

She was trying to help the boys, the plan was to bring her into the party. And if Max found out that she had this freakish side of her, she would never want be her friend. She'd ruin it for the boys, and she would only have herself to blame when the boys grow to resent her.

And that couldn't happen.

No, she would stick to the plan, help the boys befriend her and welcome her to their party, and that was it. She'll ignore these irrational feelings that she had growing for Max, and just be her friend. Just friends.

Because that's all that they can be.

But moving on, from these very... very dark thoughts. Today was Halloween, and there was a tradition that she and the boys had to wear their costumes at school every year if their favorite holiday happened to fall on a school day. She already had her costume in mind, and it was an easy one. She was going as her all time favorite tv show character.

Wednesday Addams, from the show The Addams Family.

She had the perfect outfit for it, and it consisted of a plain black dress with a white collar around the neck, and some black tights to go with it. The dress was something she'd had saved for something along the lines of a funeral, but it would definitely do for her costume as Wednesday.

After that she sat down on her vanity stool, and a loud yawn left her lips as she ran her fingers through her messy sleep hair. She used her comb to rake through her glossy raven strands, and when it was all straight and kink free, she got to work on parting it down the middle to get the braid effect.

When her hair was equally split, she started to braid each side until the two pigtails were rested perfectly on her shoulders. The finishing touch was her side bangs, she kept those brushed to the side and she smiled at her reflection when she finished.

She kind of looked like Wednesday Addams, only she wasn't as pale. But since she was no good with makeup, she was gonna leave that extra detail to the imagination.

She decided on her all black chucks to wear, and she laced up the shoes before heading out of the room. She went down the steps and made her way to the kitchen, and when she entered she saw that Steve was stood at the stove flipping a pancake.

When he saw her he smiled warmly, "Morning, Tink. Happy Halloween."

Violet smiles and nods, "Happy Halloween, Stevie." She walks to the counter next to him, "How was last night with Nancy and Barb's family?"

"Brutal." Steve huffs out a breath, placing the golden hotcake on a plate with the other ones he made. "I think Nancy cried, again." He picks up the plate of pancakes and a bottle of syrup and walks to the dining room, she follows behind him with plates in her hands. "Her parents want to sell their house to pay for an private investigator to dig into what happened to Barbara."

"Oh my god." Violet's eyes grew as she sat down in the chair, her lips curved down in a frown. "I can't even begin imagine what her parents must be feeling, they deserve to know what really happened to their daughter."

"Of course they deserve to know." Steve passed her the plate full of pancakes, she reached for it and took two of them to add to her own plate. "But they made us sign NDA's, we can't say or do anything. Or else, the government is gonna be on our asses. Especially yours. You're not even supposed to be out in the open. But since you ran away and they lost their legal ties to you because of our very absent parents, they can't take you."