"Thanks." Max replied, her ocean eyes giving her a quick once over. "Your name is Violet, right?"

She nodded, "Yeah, that's me."

"Okay." Max drops her board down and placed her foot on it, "Well, I guess I'll see you around, Violet."

"O-Okay." Why the fuck is she stuttering? "See you around, Max."

Without another word Max kicks her other foot back, and soon she's skating down the halls, weaving through students walking by, and heading for the double doors. Once she disappears behind them, Lucas and Dustin walk up to her.

"Did you just talk to Mad Max?" Dustin questioned eagerly.

"Yeah." Violet nods, her velvet brown eyes still set in the direction of the double doors that Max just skated through. She feels like she's in a trance. "I think I just did."

"So, how was it?" Dustin asked her, snapping her out of her it and bringing her attention to him.

"It was... cool." She nods her head, "S-She's really cool."

Again with the stuttering, damn it!

Dustin frowned, "Vi, are you okay?"

"Yeah." No. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, your face is all red again like it was in class." Dustin tells her, "You kind of look like a tomato."

Her eyes grow wide, and she slaps her hands over her cheeks. She realizes that her skin is hot, just like it was in class early that morning.

What the hell was wrong with her lately?

She quickly drops her hands, "I-I'm okay. It's just hot in here, that's all."

Lucas shoots her a weird look, then he shakes his head. "Anyway, me and Dustin are gonna head to the arcade to make sure that she's actually Mad Max. Do you wanna go with us to see if it's her?"

Violet shrugged, "Sure, I guess. When are we going?"

"Now." Dustin replied.

She nods, "Okay, but can we atleast stop and get some food first?"

She, Dustin, and Lucas walk out of the school together, they make their way to the cycle rack and grab their bikes. They hop onto their means of transportation and head to the local diner. When they arrive the dinery, they walk inside and sit at the counter as they order food to go. They pay for their food with the money they have on them, and then they hop on their bikes and ride to the arcade.

Because her best friend are stalker creeps, they don't actually go inside of the arcade. Instead, they make her hide behind a random car in a lot across the street from the arcade, she eats her fries and chicken fingers while Lucas and Dustin are watching for Max with his binoculars.

"Still no sign?" Dustin asked Lucas.

"Jack shit." Lucas responds.

"Hey, this is just a suggestion." She mentions, "Maybe she's not coming today."

"Oh! Damn it." Dustin groans, "My mom's gonna murder me."