Chapter Two: Poguelandia

Chapter Two
Poguelandia
~Kie’s Pov~

We finally find land, I get off the boat and go sit on the grass. Sarah comes over and sits next to me. Cleo sits Diagonally from me. We watch the boys pull the Lifeboat on to shore.

“Come on” jj said as he and john b pulled the boat.
“Come on, boys.”  JohnB said, and let out a grunt. “That's good.” he stops and starts walking over to Sarah.
“Good job, guys,” Sarah said, smiling at her Husband. (not legal but who cares) 
“Good job” I say. JJ goes to walk over to us, but he loss his balance a little bit
“Whoa” he said, regaining his balance.
“JJ, you alright there, buddy?” John b asks looking back at him.
“Yeah, Still a little dizzy,” he said a babbed his cut, as he walked over to us. John b lays next to sarah. Pope sat next to cleo. “Okay, anybody know where we're at?” JJ said, looking at the ocean.

“Deserted beach. Unknown island.” Pope replied to him.
“All right, I'll take that as a no.” JJ said and walked over to a tree next to me. “Plan A, huh, Pope? That went well.” he said very sarcastically.
“This is the lowest we can go. We literally have nothing else to lose.” he looks over to the water and back at us “The cross, gone.”
“The gold, Gone” Sarah said like she was annoyed. I mean I wouldn't blame her. Her dad and brother tried to kill her like 5 times, and she was shot. And came back from the dead. Pope lays back on the ground.
“Seriously, if we had a nickel for every time we got beat up, I'd say we're at a dollar fifty.” JJ said and was scratching something into the tree.
“That's more than I got on me.” i say.
“That somehow doesn't make me feel better.” sarah said

“Yeah, you're right.” John b said  “But, I mean, we've... We've had some good stuff happen, right?”

“Name something.” pope said, not believing him.

“Uh, the boiler room.” We gave him some confused looks.
“What? If the boiler didn't explode, I wouldn't have gotten away from Rafe. I couldn't have gotten the Zodiac and gotten us out of here” He looked at Cleo.
“That wasn't luck. That thing was gonna blow the second I stopped feeding it.” cleo said
“Stealing my thunder, Cleo. Um…” cleo mutters sorry.
“Okay. Pope, you're related to Denmark Tanny. That's crazy.”

“And I lost all his inheritance.” he said, looking at the sand.

“You know what?” He walks to the front of the mini circle that we are in and faces us. “Guys, this is it. This is the Pogue life.” He swings his arms around.  “We are in the Caribbean. It's our own little slice of paradise. With my best friends, with my family. I don't know. I wouldn't wanna do it with anyone else.” he goes over to JJ. “Look, and while you guys were complaining about every little thing, JJ?”

“Hmm?” he puts the thing into the tree, and looks to where John b points too.

“I was looking at those burly lefts.”
“There's some slabs out there.” JJ replies looking at the waves.
“Just a few.” he said smiling

John b walks over to me. “Kie, see that? I know you wanna get out.”
“No boards.” I replied, i can't help but smile but roll my eyes at him.
“Well, we can bodysurf till we make some boards.” he said, doing finger guns.
“Lame” I smile.

“Pope? Come on, man.” John b said, as he looked over at him.
“They do look pretty tasty.” Pope said, and stood up.
“Oh, yes, they do.” John b said
“There's nobody around. We could squat here for a bit. Kind of belongs to us now, huh?” pope said and looked at everyone.
“You got a point.” John b said, and smiled
“Six way split?” Pope asks and they do the pogue handshake.

“Poguelandia.” JJ said in a posh accent
“Oh boy.” i say
“I claim thee Poguelandia.” he said still in his posh accent, then in a normal voice he said “I like the ring of it. I'm gonna make a flag. It's gonna have a chicken on it. With a coconut bra, smoking a J…”  Sarah and I laugh at him. “...in Crocs” he continues. 

“I could use a J.” i say
“Can we vote?” Sarah asked, laughing at jj.

“Shall we get to work?” Pope asked John b.
“Let's get to work.” John b said and fisted bumped pope. “Let's start working on provisions, Set up shop.”  John b walked over to sarah.
“Sarah. Till death do us part?”
“Till death do us part.” she said and smiled at him.
“Welcome back to the Pogue life.” John b smiled, and put out his hand for her.
“Full Pogue” she said and grabbed his hand.
“Full Pogue. Ooh.” John b said, sarcastically and pulled her up.

“Welcome to the Pogues” pope said to Cleo and helped her up.
“Thanks” she said, and smiled

“Going full Pogue” I say, as I grab JJ’s hand to get up.
“What's a Pogue anyway?” Cleo asks pope, and he teaches her the hand shake.

I look back to what jj carved into the tree.

He carved: 
P4L