Chapter 10 ~ Just a Fan

Hayes had to go back on stage and when he did he saw one girl in the crowd. She looked young like me. Her poster read, 'Hayes be my first kiss' and knowing Hayes I knew he would do it. But the thing is Hayes and I were dating so I wasn't so comfortable with the idea of him kissing someone else. He read it and laughed and the other side of her poster read, "Bring me on stage!"

He called the fan up. And gave her a kiss... yep... right on her lips. My heart felt like if it was beat up. The kiss lasted 30 seconds (I was counting) and it was a fench kiss.
I knew dating him was a mistake. I've only known him for 1 day and 12 hours and I'm dating him.

After that I told him we needed to talk so we planned to go to dinner at Violet Garden. During the car ride I just looked out the window and he grabbed my hand. I knew how the night was gonna end. Tears started to pour down my face and I wiped them on his sleeve, just like our first date. He didn't know why I was crying and when he asked I told him I would tell him at dinner.

"I will always love you Hayes. No matter what." It was risky for me to say but I needed to get it out.

We got to dinner and when we sat down, I told him how I felt.

"Is this the kind of person you are", he asked me.

"What kind of person."

"It was a fan, why are you so jealous?"

"I don't care you didn't have to kiss her."

He stared at me like if I was heartless.

"I knew dating you would be a mistake", I said in the moment.

He got up and left with tears in his eyes. It was the first time I ever saw Hayes cry. I got up and ran after him and forcefully hugged him hard.

He didn't hug me back and he walked away.

That was the last time I saw Hayes Grier.

4 Years later...