Chapter 8 ~ The Heart Wants What it Wants

I woke up at 2:00 a.m.
I was thinking to myself.
I grabbed my phone and texted Hayes.

Meg: hey I know it's late I just need to ask you something.
-30 seconds later-
H😇: what's up
Meg: Don't you think this is going a bit fast. I mean I barely know you.
H😇: so are you saying that today wasn't special? I didn't have to go out with you. I just felt bad
Meg:
H😇: ?
Meg: sorry I ruined your night just because you felt bad for me
Meg: you really know how to make a girl feel special
-meg has changed H😇's contact name to H-
H: I didn't mean it that way. I'm tired and half asleep.
Meg: sleep don't let me bother you

The next morning:
Gabi and I made up and her, Kate, and I made our way to get buffet.
In the middle of eating Gabi looked at her phone and said,
"Megan can you go get me utensils?"

"Sure."

I felt hands go on my hips. I got pulled close into someone. I smelt a strong scent; it smelled like Abercrombie and Fitch cologne. I knew it was Hayes.
"Hayes stop."
"I like you Meg. Why don't you understand?"
I knew what I wanted to say; so for the first time in my life I just said it.
"I want to be with you, but I don't wanna be with you because you felt bad for me. I'm probably just like all your other fans. You probably do this in every state."

Hayes' eyes looked like if they were getting darker. His eyebrows showed that he was angry.

"I have to go to Digi Tour bye", he said and stormed off.

About an hour later Digi Tour meet and greets were starting. I didn't know what I was going to do once I passed Hayes.

"Don't worry Meg, just smile at him or walk passed him", Gabi tried to encourage me.

After seeing girl by girl walk by, Kate turned on her phone and started to record me. We reached Hayes. He saw me and we just stared at each other. I think at that moment we realized how much we needed each other.

He grabbed me and spun me around and I wrapped my legs around him. He even stole a kiss... in front of everyone. So that was my first French kiss.

"Get off him!" a fan yelled.

"Everyone! I want to ask this girl a very special question", he took out his phone and tweeted:
Meg, Will you be my girlfriend?

"Everyone take out your phones and go on Twitter!"

The whole room was filled with gasps.

"Hayes Benjamin Grier... I will be your girlfriend!"

The whole room clapped.

Hayes grabbed my hand and led me, Kate, and Gabi backstage.