Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Accusation

I swore under my breath while trying to squeeze myself amidst the group of students that were going the opposite way. Wala na akong pakialam kung malaman nina Mama ang nangyari. I'd rather hear my mother's sermons rather than being Liam's laughingstock.

Nang tuluyang makalabas ng cafeteria, nagmamadali akong lumiko sa daan patungo sa field. I already lost sight of him, but I swear I saw him turn this way!

Agad akong sinalubong ng nakakasilaw na sinag ng araw. It made me close my eyes for a bit before slowly opening it again while using my hand to cover the sun's rays to protect my eyes. Unlike most of the pathways here at school, walang kahit anong naroon na maaaring ipananggala sa mainit at nakakasilaw na sikat ng araw. There were a few trees on the other side, but those weren't big enough to cover the scorching heat.

Hindi pa man nakakaabot sa kalagitnaan ng daan ay parang gusto ko nang umatras dahil sa sobrang init. Bakit ba hindi nila nilagyan ng bubong ang parteng 'to? Maybe I should brought it up at one of our meetings.

Uttering a curse and almost giving up, my head snapped to where the trees were when I heard a girl's voice, giggling. A few wooden benches were placed under the trees, and on one of those, I found Liam sitting casually.

He wasn't alone, of course. A girl—not the same girl from yesterday—was standing in front of him with her back resting on the tree behind her. They had that disgusting 'mushy' atmosphere around them. Liam said something making the girl giggle once more.

I felt my face heating up in both anger and because of the heat. I gritted my teeth. It hasn't even been ten minutes since he left the cafeteria, may kalandian na kaagad siya?! Why is he so fucking...

I marched towards them not minding to hide my presence. I have always found a kind of satisfaction with people's reaction whenever they're caught in action anyway.

Sa gitna ng iritasyon at pagmamadaling lumapit ay hindi ko mapigilang mapaisip kung bakit gano'n na lamang kung mahumaling sa kaniya ang mga kababaihan rito sa eskuwelahan. Liam is obviously a playboy! Even with that innocent and angelic like face of his, it's not that hard to see through it and know what kind of guy he really is!

O ganoon na ba ang tipo ng karamihan sa mga kababaihan ngayon? Na kahit alam nilang playboy, basta guwapo, ayos na sa kanila? If that's the case then, no wonder many girls these days are getting their hearts broken. Mga bobo!

And just like what I expected, hindi pa man nakakalapit ay agad na akong napansin ng dalawa. Both of them turned my way. The girl quickly stood straight upon seeing me. Her eyes widened, she looked horrified. While Liam's smile turned into a frown and when I was finally near them, he looked away in an annoyed way.

"N-Nicole, ikaw pala," the girl said sheepishly, trying to smile but ended up looking constipated.

From Liam, my eyes darted to her. I raised an eyebrow. "Ako nga,"

The girl shuts her mouth. I saw a glint of irritation in her eyes before she looked away defeatedly. Honestly, if she hates me, she doesn't need to hide it from me. Alam ko naman na marami ang mainit ang dugo sa akin dito sa eskuwelahan.

I've heard them talking behind my back many times now, hating how 'strict' I was. They'll say I'm too arrogant, sipsip, a teacher's pet, and the list goes on.

But what do I care about them? I'm only implementing the rules. If they hate me for what I was doing then that only means they're against the rules. Dahil sino lang ba ang galit sa mga nagpapatupad ng batas? Ang mga may laban at lumalabag lang.

I looked down at her I.D. but failed to read her name because of the distance. Though I think I saw the number eight in it. Grade 8? So she's older than us, huh? I rolled my eyes. Who cares.