Chapter 219

"This person seeking help has a problem. Be careful." Ye Lingshi mainly reminded the two people he had brought with him. As for the remaining two, they didn't need his instructions.

They climbed up the stairs. The stairs of the old-fashioned residential complex were full of dust. The handrails of the stairs were rusty and there was no sound-controlled lighting. Fortunately, the light ghost automatically floated in front.

From the first floor to the fourth floor, there were three households on each floor. This place had a two-door design. The outermost side was an iron door with iron railings. The inside was a traditional wooden door. Judging the amount of dust accumulated on the door, there were still very few people living here. Most of the families had moved out and these doors hadn't been opened for a long time.

They took every step with considerable care and soon came to the fourth floor. The house number given by the person was 401.

To everyone's surprise, the iron door lock of the house was covered with a thick layer of dust. Ye Lingshi stood in front and wiped it with his hand. His hand was stained with dust while the door looked like it had never been touched. The doorway was the same. There were no footprints, only dust. There were even a few fallen leaves that floated in front of the window and a long-dead cockroach. Everything seemed to be sealed within a certain period of time.

Ye Lingshi glanced at the others. He didn't say a word because he seemed afraid to disturb the help seeker. He typed on the screen of his mobile phone and showed the others: [Would you like to go in?]

[This family either hasn't been out for a long time or... never went home at all.]

So who was the 'reader' who sent them the message? Did she really live here? Things went from a simple 'seeking help' to something more complicated.

Wang Huai naturally said: [Of course we have to go in. Otherwise, why come all the way here?]

[Did you investigate this place before coming?] Xiao Li raised his mobile phone and asked.

Ye Ziye lowered his head and started typing. He looked very young. He had a short stubble and wore a pair of glasses. After a while, he raised his phone: [I thought about asking the neighborhood committee. There is a family who lives here with an only daughter. There is no information other than this.]

[Did she mention the name of the novel or the name of the author?]

[She said to come here and she would tell us in person.]

[There is no other way. Knock on the door.] Xiao Li said.

[I agree.] Sun Jiaming also raised his mobile phone. [Compared to exploring alone, we have two bigshots here. I don't think there is any need to change the time.]

Ye Lingshi's mind was also inclined to this. However, instead of knocking on the door, he bowed his head and typed in the message box: [We're at the door.]

Before the others could ask, he typed again: [After telling me to come up, she told me not to make a sound. Just send her a message or it will wake up her parents.]

The moment Ye Lingshi sent the message, the others paid attention to the movements at the door.

It was late at night and in such an old building, the sound insulation effect should be very poor. Movement inside should be able to be heard from the outside world. Ye Lingshi was the closest to the iron door but he heard nothing. He couldn't perceive any sound of footsteps from far or near. There was just dead silence.

Then the wooden door opened. There was a slight squeak as it was suddenly opened from the inside. From beginning to end, there were no footsteps.

Ye Lingshi had a type of absurd imagination. Perhaps after receiving his message, the help seeker inside had been standing closer to the wooden door, waiting for them until she received his message again. Perhaps she had also pressed her ear to the wooden door, listening to the movements outside.