Before he approached the kitten, the kitten's sensitive ears pricked up. It seemed to know Xiao Li and it cried out in a soft voice, "Meow."

The vet opened the cage door for him and introduced the white cat's injuries. "The cat is recovering very well. His resilience is very strong and there is nothing wrong with him. He just needs a few more shots of the vaccines. I will show you the film that we took before."

The little white cat's head rested against the boy's fingers and a pleasant purring came from his throat. Xiao Li took out the little white cat, put aside the milk tea and smoothed the hair between the ears with his hand.

Shen Chenzhi watched from the side. He found that Xiao Li really liked cats, whether it was the cat Shen Chenzhi had become in the instance, the little black cat or even the stray cat.

He asked, "Do you like it?"

His question had no context but Xiao Li still understood his meaning. "It's furry. Why wouldn't I like it?"

Xiao Li pinched the white cat's ear again.

Shen Chenzhi suddenly said, "If that's the case, don't look for adoption. I'll adopt it."

He continued meaningfully as if he had figured something out. "Give the cat to me. It is more reassuring than giving him to a stranger, right?"

"...However, I am raising a cat for the first time and I don't have enough experience. If something happens, I still need your advice. I might disturb you often in the future." Shen Chenzhi spoke lightly. "Don't be annoyed with me."

It seemed to make sense. Shen Chenzhi didn't look like he raised cats but at least he didn't abuse cats.

Xiao Li replied, "Okay, no problem. Cats are actually very easy to raise."

As long as you didn't slip away every day.

Shen Chenzhi glanced at the little white cat and the cat immediately took two steps back, looking frightened.

The veterinarian came over at this time, holding a sheet in his hand. "Come with me."

Xiao Li picked up the little white cat and followed the vet.

Shen Chenzhi didn't catch up immediately. He looked at the milk tea that Xiao Li had put aside and suddenly reached out to grab it. He took a sip from the straw that the young man had just bitten.

...It was really sweet.

***

On the same day when Xiao Li returned home, the little black cat stayed at home without entering the little yellow book and he immediately jumped up from the scratching board. He circled around Xiao Li, his pink nose sniffed like he smelled another cat.

Xiao Li spread out his hands and let the cat check. After discovering that Xiao Li hadn't brought the little white cat back secretly, the black cat sat down in a satisfied manner. He wagged his tail and swept the young man's face with his tail.

Xiao Li grabbed the tail. "You lost fur."

A light flick of the tail caused black fur to float around the room like dandelions. The little black cat used his small paws to reach the fur in the air. After grabbing a strand, he ran to the trash can and threw the fur in.

"Great." Xiao Li praised him.

The little black cat became even prouder. He held his head high and continued to work, becoming a fully automatic grooming machine.

After a brief wash, Xiao Li lay in bed and played with his phone. During his washing time, a lot of messages had accumulated in WeChat. In addition to a few recharge reminders from Zhou Ying playing Honor of Kings, the first one was a cat inquiry from Shen Chenzhi.