***

Xiao Li walked through the town without a destination. He just took any path he saw. He integrated the clues he had received so far in his mind as he wrapped his fingers around the doll's hair and walked.

Frankly speaking, if he didn't regard this as an instance then this exotic town was worth visiting as a tourist. The European-style brick buildings stood next to each other in the grey mist and had a stormy temperament. It would've been better if it wasn't for the weird eyes of the storekeepers towards outsiders.

Xiao Li was comfortable despite these gazes. He continued to move forward until he turned onto a street. It was a narrow street. Most of the merchants had locked doors and only a small store at the end was lit up. The door of this store was ajar and there was a feather-curtain hanging from the door. Feathers and beads were twisted together and blown by the wind from time to time.

Xiao Li got closer and realized that the light was actually coming from a candle placed at the door. The candle had already burned down halfway and wax dripped down the body of the candle, condensing into lumps.

Beyond the curtain was a black table with a cloth covering something in the middle. There was a woman sitting behind the table. Her hair was decorated with small white flowers woven through them and covered with a layer of black gauze. Her face was as white as jade but her fingers were covered with wrinkles, just like an old woman in her 80s.

She looked at Xiao Li through the curtain. "Outsider, come in. Our meeting is fate. I can foretell what you want, for you."

Xiao Li asked, "What foretelling?"

He casually looked back and found that the street he came here by, had disappeared. It was replaced by a wall that blocked the escape route. The fortuneteller pulled off the black cloth on the table to reveal a crystal ball. This crystal ball was round, shiny and reflected her beautiful face.

"Everything." The fortuneteller placed her hands on the crystal ball. "Your fortune, your love and your future."

Xiao Li pointed to the way he came. "I have to ask. If I don't agree, will I be unable to get out?"

The fortuneteller covered her lips with her fingers and smiled. "What do you think?"

Xiao Li, "..."

The last one who had tried to prophesize about him ended up cold.

The fortuneteller looked at him greedily. It was like he was walking, bloody food instead of a human. Since he couldn't leave, Xiao Li simply walked in, pulled out a chair and sat opposite the fortuneteller.

The moment Xiao Li was seated, the fortuneteller couldn't wait to lean forward, her tongue that looked like a snake's tongue licking her lips back and forth. "Fortunetelling isn't for free. I will need to charge something."

"What is it?"

"Your youth." The fortuneteller's eyes became stickier. "Your face, your flesh."

"Is this why your face can maintain its youth?"

He hadn't felt it when he was further away but now that the fortuneteller was in front of him, the face looked like an 18 years old girl while the neck down was covered with wrinkles and old spots.

After being unmasked so bluntly, the fortuneteller glared at him. She couldn't wait to sit back in her original position and her hands were about to touch the crystal ball in front of her. "Shall I start?"

"Wait a minute." Xiao Li touched the little yellow book, put it on the table and casually said, "I forgot to introduce myself. I am also an amateur fortuneteller."