¾ ◂ one ▸ ¾

PLATFORM  ONE

HARRY WAS CERTAIN THAT FATE TRULY DESPISED HIM. It's even possible that the Magic Goddess herself despises him. And maybe it all began when he managed to defeat Voldemort and survived the killing curse when he was just a year old, turning him into Fate's puppet. Things that don't make sense are frequently thrust upon young children who have not yet reached adulthood.

And of the many misfortunes and scenarios of Fate, Harry, a 14-year-old boy, was appointed to take part in the Triwizard Tournament which had previously been suspended owing to an unfortunate tragedy that occurred 50 years ago. That made him a little distrustful of Professor Dumbledore's magic circle. Okay, this might be a bit of an exaggeration but how can anyone get past the magic of a powerful wizard?

Tell people to enter his name? Oh, don't be ridiculous. He was even a bit reluctant to accept help from others. But ordering someone? Harry wasn't that kind of person. Perhaps his friends who understood him would think so too.

But no.

That was Harry's biggest mistake. Look, his own best friend Ron stays away from him and looks very hostile to him. Hermione still took his side although still looked like she didn't believe it (probably). But she's still willing to help anyway.

The Gryffindors were like that too. Harry began to doubt his three years with them.

Can he back off? Oh, he wishes he can, Harry wanted it so badly. He is the lowest in terms of knowledge and skill, which is very obvious. Duh, they had three years more experience than him. But his name was already bound by an ancient spell and was forced to go along whether he wanted to or not. Regardless of the cause.

And there he was, alone, circling Hogwarts with conflicting feelings. About his friends, house, classes, and not to mention the first task. Plus it's related to dragons. He found out from Hagrid who had asked him out to the Forbidden Forest that night. And now he must find out how he can survive against a dragon. Despite the fact that it was only the first task. Harry didn't know how dangerous and lethal the next task would be. 

He feels like just giving up and forfeiting every task. He won't be killed, at least. People will be happy as well. But he also understood that if he simply gave up, people would make fun of him more.

Ugh, so much for a peaceful year.

His steps halted when he noticed a silent hallway that he had no prior knowledge of.  Maybe the south? he doesn't go there quite often. First floor? Second floor? Basement? He couldn't guess it, and it doesn't even have any windows. Although the lighting was less bright than the others, the corridor was like any other, except there were no portraits of annoying, spooky wizards, but portraits of abstract art and classic architecture as he could see in the muggle world. Harry could still sense the magic surrounding it. It's chilly and has a snowy scent.

Weird.

But wait, why is he thinking about this so much? This is not the time. C'mon focus!

"Ugh, this is getting troublesome," Harry ruffled his hair into an even messier style then brushed his bangs up in frustration.

His eyes briefly blinked after noticing something on the floor. He looked up, trying to catch it and clear his eyes of the odd little silver butterflies in his gaze. Several seconds have passed, and there's nothing except an empty hallway. Perhaps he was just so stressed that he imagined seeing something.

But it was so beautiful that he unconsciously whispered. "Silver."

Exactly three seconds, Harry felt his body being sucked in by the wind and before he could shut his eyes in shock, he was already in a different place.