Trickster

Jazi was packing her daughters bag when she notice a folded paper that stock on her English book.

The letter says that there's a Daddy Day on there school this coming Friday and thinking about Harvey na out of a country ngayon kasama ang sarili nitong pamilya ay nabahala si Jazi.

Jazi enrolled Lemon temporarily sa school kung saan siya nag graduate, sa Greyfield University. It's a school from kinder to college.

"Oh mom, you've already saw it." Her daughter walk in room holding an apple on her both hands.

"Yeah, I'll tell uh your Uncle's about it. You know, Daddy wasn't here to accompany you."

"May sinabihan na po akong sasama sa akin, mommy."

Jaz lift her right eyebrow and cross her arms.

"Is that your favorite Uncle? Uncle Kijani?" Jaz look at her smiling but Lemon shake her head.

"Uncle Sage?"

"Nope."

"Uncle Gavrin?"

"No mom."

"Uncle Stanley?"

"Definitely not, mom."

"Definitely not your Uncle San, because he's with Iai." Jaz said but Lemon just shrugged.

"It's a secret, mommy. You can go with me on Friday to see who it is." Jaz make a face to her daughter.

"Okay, give mommy a hint." Her daughter flip her hair and said.

"I just met him thrice. And he's a good person, mom. You know him too."

"Huh? I don't know anyone besides your uncles."

"But Uncle Stanley said you know him. So yeah, oh I'm late now mom! Byeee!"

"Hey baby, wait! Ako maghahatid sayo." Pahabol na sabi ni Jaz sa anak.

Jazi park her car at the school parking lot. Lemon put nicely her pink headband bago lumabas sa kotse.

Bitbit ang bag ng anak ay hinatid niya ito sa loob ng classroom nito. Sinalubong naman sila ng bati nang guro ni Lemon.

"Good morning Mrs. Vega and to you our beautiful Lemon. Take your sit now." Turo nito sa upuan ng bata.

Lemon gave her a kiss bago kinuha ang bag at dumiretso sa upuan.

"I'm going to thank you Mrs. Vega dahil pinayagan niyong umaattend ang bata sa aming kauna-unahang Daddy's Day!" Excited sa sabi nito sa kanya. Napataas ng kilay si Jaz sa sinabi ng guro.

"Uhmm hindi ko pa napipirmahan ang letter, teacher." ngiting sabi niya. The teacher smile again to her.

"Hindi ka pipirma sa letter , Mrs. Vega. Sa slip na kasama ng letter. At your husband already sign and pass it earlier. Hindi ba kayo nagkita?"

Napanganga si Jaz sa sinabi ng teacher. Hindi siya makapaniwala sa sinabi nito. She asked for the slip and the teacher happily handed it to her.

"Ito po Mrs. Vega. Your husband sign it very well."

Jazi took the slip and her eyes went big when he read who's name under it.

"Pogi po ng asawa niyo tapos maganda din kayo. Lemon really got it from her parents."

Hindi ako makasagot sa kanya. All I think is how the fuck my daughter knows him? Where? When? How!?

I allow my daughter/ son Lemon Vega to attend the Daddy's Day on January 16, 2023 at Greyfield Gymnasium.

Jazi scoffed when she saw her daughter's name. "He don't know her daughter's real name!"

Jazi closes her eyes in so much annoyed. First, her daughter keep a secret on her pero hindi siya pwedeng magalit. Second, how they know each other? Third, when they meet? Fourth, why he's participating in her daughter's activity and last he doesn't even ask her daughter's real name!?

Jazi handed the slip to the teacher with cold expression. She immediately bid a goodbye and take a last look to her daughter.

"Baby, you better prepare a good reason why you invite that man over your six uncle's." She turn her heels and walk away.

Meanwhile, Jared in his company finishing all his paperworks so he can go to the kid activity this coming Friday.

"Mr. Jacinto , can I ask why you suddenly cancelled all your appointments on Friday?"

"I need to a attend an important D-Day. You already rescheduled it, right?"

"Yes sir." His secretary, Mr. King nodded and go back to his sit.

Thinking about the D-Day Jared put down his ballpen and smile. He didn't notice that that kid trick him to sign the slip.

FLASHBACK:

"You like going in Han River? Like every night?"

"Yes. And it's a comfort place for me."

"How'd you say it a comfort place."

Jared look at the little girl on his lap eating a banana split.

"I used to bring someone here and we looking at the sky admiring the stars."

Lemon look up and look back at him.

"Now, your with me Mister L. You bring me here."

Jared smile and hug the kid.

"Oh right, were already friends right? For the consistency of our friendship sign this contract that you will always bring me here Mister L."

" A contract? For bringing you here? Kiddo, I'm a business man."

"Yes. I know. Kaya nga I'm preparing this contract for us. Now, hold this pen and sign it."

"Like, ngayon talaga?"

"Yes,Han River and stars in the sky is the witness of our friendship."

Jared thought it's just really a friendship contract and he sign it.

He look at Lemon after he sign it and the kid jump on his lap and starting jumping for excitement.

And it's too late to notice that the contract wasn't a contract of friendship but a slip of Daddy's Day.

END OF FLASHBACK.

"She perfectly trick me huh." Napakagat ng ibabang labi si Jared.

Never in his whole life trick him but a kid did. Napangiti nalang siya at tinapos na ang dapat niyang tapusin.