I walk away, deciding that I need to be away from people in general. I head for the sitting area across from the kitchen, sitting myself down on a couch. I know that Louis has dealt with my anger before, and I know it won't cut him deep—but I'll feel bad in the morning regardless.

I hear the voices of three girls re-enter the house, and I immediately know that it's the three of them including Elaina. They must have been outside. I exhale deeply through my nose and sit back with my drink, isolated from the others as I sip.

I watch as Elaina walks in, immediately lighting up the room. Everyone looks at her when she arrives, even as a subconscious movement. Although she's physically attractive, it's her energy that makes heads turn. There's something about her that draws everything in. She can't help that everyone has got their eyes on her, she probably doesn't even realize it.

I realize that it's too late to look away when her electric blue eyes land right on mine from across the room. She knows I'm looking, and she subtly smiles. I sip.

She looks around briefly to confirm that everyone is distracted, and then she makes her way to me.

Fuck.

I lean forward, elbows on my knees as my leg bounces and my hair hangs over my forehead. In a matter of moments I feel her presence come to sit next to me.

She smells like a cigarette and perfume, like she smoked then tried to cover it up.

"Harry, I'm so fucked." she says, laughing. "I can't believe how drunk I am." Her body falls to the back of the couch, like her limbs are made of jelly, relaxing into the surface.

I can't help but let my vision follow her. Her head rests back while her fingers pinch the bridge of her nose.

I remember back in Sicily when she got black out drunk, and I had to take care of her. Back then, I was convincing myself that I hated her—and that helping her was an inconvenience.

It wasn't. It never really was.

I unscrew the cap on the water bottle which Louis gave to me, and I hand it to her without saying anything.

"Thank you." she takes a sip, then her heavy eyes open more to really look at me. "How are you feeling? What level are you on?"

It's clear that she hasn't caught on to me being upset at all, and it's not like I want her to, but I can't sit here and have a normal conversation with her.

But, I'm not gonna give her the silent treatment either. That's Isaac behavior, and as much of an asshole I am, I'm far from Isaac.

"I'm drunk." I answer shortly, sipping again.

Her bubbliness fades at my tone. I can feel her whole body shift ever so slightly from a relaxed drunken state to a bit more uptight, her back straightening.

I look to her, catching her eyes examining me.

"You smoked a cigarette." I say.

Her brows furrow. "I mean, just a short puff or two from Angela's. I didn't smoke a full one."

"Mm." I nod, looking forward. "Could have shared with me."

I can feel words of regret about to spew from my lips...words that have the potential to tear everything down just because I'm drunk and jealous.

But I can't stop.

"Next time—"

"Or, maybe you'd rather share with Zayn."

She goes silent for a moment, leaning away from me.

"W-what?"

I just turn my head to look at her. I knew that she knew what I was talking about, I didn't have to specify.