"Thank you." I say as I turn towards her. "For everything."

She gives me a sincere smile, one I've never seen before, then suddenly brings back the flirty one I know all too well. "If you break up with Steve you can thank me properly." she says with a wink.

And as much as the thought gives me a bit of fear, I can't help but chuckle. "I'll come find you." I tease and she gives me a satisfied smile before turning and leaving.

"Why don't you offer to thank me properly?" Bucky asks as he turns to face me.

"You're literally in love with another woman." I say as I roll my eyes at him and I push him forward so we can start walking towards the housing complex.

"She's made it very clear she would not mind you joining." he replies and I give him another playful shove.

We reach the door that leads into the apartment, and suddenly I'm frozen in front of it. I don't know who's even here, and I don't know how much information they have on what happened. But I know the second I step in, everything is going to have to be said. And I can't help but feel embarrassed over this whole situation.

Bucky slides his hand down my arm and into my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "You can do this," he says with a soft smile. I nod, even though I'm not so sure of it.

As soon as we walk in I see six pairs of eyes turn in our direction, and as soon as they spot me, I can see the sympathy in them. Tony, Nat, Bruce, Vision, Wanda, and Clint are seated at the dining table.

"Oh god. Does everyone know?" I whisper to Bucky, almost wishing I had just stayed in the quinjet. Bucky gives me a reassuring smile, and then puts his hand on my back to guide me in. And the fact that he's by my side definitely catches the attention of some of them.

But just as quickly as their eyes landed on me, they shift away and go to something, or rather someone, behind me.

Suddenly I hear Tony's chair screech against the floor as he gets up, and I can see the absolute rage filling his eyes.

"You son of a bitch!" he snaps out as he gets up and starts walking forward.

"Tony!" Nat says, jumping out of her chair and going after him.

I rush forward, putting myself in front of Tony to try and stop him. And everyone gets up off their chair, alert in case things get out of hand

Tony pushes against my hands, wanting to get to Steve. "You swore to me you'd never hurt her!" he yells out and I turn to see Steve, the guilt and pain on his face hurting me. Even after what he's done, I can't help but feel bad for him.

"Take it easy Tony." Clint says, and he steps in between him and Steve, trying to keep some peace. But Steve doesn't look like he wants to fight. In fact, he almost looks like he'd welcome a hit from Tony. Like he deserved it.

"I'll fucking kill you!" Tony grits through his teeth, once again pushing against my hold on him.

"Please stop." I beg, not wanting to see two people I care about go at it like this. "Dad please."

I can feel Tony's body freeze, and I see him struggling to tear his gaze away from Steve. But he does, looking down at me and seeing the tears filling my eyes. He looks back at Steve and as he takes a shaky breath in, his arm comes around me, pulling me close to him. "That's cheating, kid." he whispers, sliding his hand up and cradling the back of my head, as he leans in and places a gentle kiss on top.

I know it is. And I will not hesitate to use it when I have to. Like when I need to stop him from fighting my boyfriend...ex...no current...fuck, I don't even know anymore.