🪶42 - Don't know, I don't know (3)

Start from the beginning

“I will see you in a year, young master.”

Without waiting Cale’s answer, Ron closed the door. Cale quickly fell asleep, relieved that he was free from Ron for a year.

***

Dawn arrived, and six people were standing in front of Cale. There were some that he had personally called, and some that he gathered through Choi Han.

Cale looked toward Rosalyn, and started to speak.

“Miss Rosalyn, the brown hair looks good on you.”

Rosalyn was not aware of exactly what will happen today, but understood the severity after hearing the words, ‘magic bomb,’ and decided to help. Cale had also promised her something in return for her help.

“Right? I thought it will make it easier for me to run wild.”

Rosalyn had dyed her hair and pupils brown with magic. On and Hong were standing next to her.

“Lock, you should be able to use the physical strength of a wolf without transforming right?”
“Yes sir. It is possible.”

Lock was standing there nervously as well. Next to him were the Black Dragon and Choi Han.

Cale divided them into two teams. The Black Orb was already positioned by Choi Han yesterday, so the two teams each needed to locate and take care of the four bombs.

“Miss Rosalyn and Lock will be one team. Choi Han, Dragon, On, and Hong will be the other team.”

Rosalyn had a confused expression on her face after hearing how Cale divided up the teams. Lock had the same expression on his face as well.

“What about you, young master Cale?”

Choi Han, the Black Dragon, On, and Hong all responded to the question.

“Cale-nim is, a bit, uhm, his physical strength is…”
“Weak.”
“We don’t need him.”
“He is useless.”

Ah.

Rosalyn let out a gasp and looked toward Cale. Lock seemed to be quite surprised as well. However, Cale handed the items he borrowed from Billos to Choi Han, and confidently answered.

“I am weak and will only be baggage. I also need to prepare for the celebration as soon as the sun comes up, so it will be difficult for me to go with you.”

They were going to use the short opening when the guards for the night shift switched with the day shift to enter the areas where the bombs were located and start to dismantle them. After that, while the Black Orb activates and causes a mana disturbance, they will all need to wait at their determined stations to observe the secret organization’s members and the situation at the plaza.

The birthday celebration was set to start at 9 am.
Cale looked at his watch before speaking to the six of them again.

“Alright then, please head to work.”

He then added on.

“Don’t forget to bring back the dismantled magic bombs.”

Rosalyn smiled and responded to Cale’s statement.

“You promised to give me one of them.”
“Of course.”
“Should be enough to pay for my services.”

It was definitely enough. Cale looked toward the terrace, that was now being used more as a door than as a terrace, and opened the window. A cool// night breeze filled the room as the six individuals quickly rushed out of Cale’s room through the terrace.