"Yes, there's a reason," you said. "They're kids. They need to go to bed early if they want to grow taller."

"I think they'd be fine," Hawks said, putting a hand on your shoulder while his other hand took the hair dryer. "They got my genes after all. They'd grow tall."

Hawks turned on the hair dryer and brushed your locks with his hand gently. His hand felt so light that your eyelids started to get heavy. But you shook your head and looked at him in the mirror. He looks so invested in drying your hair that you couldn't help but let out a chuckle, to which Hawks heard as he looked at you.

"But on second thought," he started. "I think you're right. They should go to bed early. I don't want them to keep mommy all to themselves tonight."

You thought you and Hawks had to wake the twins up for dinner. But just as the delivery guy left after dropping off the food, the twins were running down the stairs.

"Careful now," you reminded them as Hawks walked casually behind them.

"Mama!" Keita said, running towards you with his arms open wide while Keishi started to run up to you as well.

You almost lost your balance when they suddenly came throwing themselves on you, their little arms wrapped around your waist.

"It's Shi-chan and Ta-chan's birthday!" Keishi said as they looked up at you, still hugging you.

"But papa said we should thank mama," Keita said this time.

"Me?"

They took a step back and gestured for you to come closer so you bent down to get to their eye level and a second later they were kissing you on each side of your cheeks.

"Thank you, mama!" they both said in unison before they started running ahead and you straightened up.

"What was that about thanking me?" you asked Hawks who walked up to you. "Was it because I got them a birthday cake?"

"That's also included."

"And? What else do the twins have to thank me for?"

You didn't expect Hawks would actually pat your head. It surprised you for a moment that you weren't able to say anything. When you were about to say something however, you were cut off when you saw Hawks' smile with his eyes closed which resembled the twins' smile earlier.

"I'll tell you later."

Hawks walked ahead as you watched those vermillion wings folded on his back before you started to walk after him.

It was a simple dinner with all the twins' favorite dishes that you realized were also Hawks' favorite. When the twins saw the cake that you and Hawks redecorated, their eyes widened with excitement. You thought next year it would be nice if you could bake the cake yourself so you wouldn't have to go with all the trouble of picking it up at a pastry shop.

"So, who's ready for tomorrow's flying lesson?" Hawks asked while the twins were eating their slices of cake.

Keishi stopped for a second to swallow the cake before he lifted his arm.

"Me!" he said and Keita looked at him before lifting his hand as well.

"Me!" he said afterwards.