I close my eyes and a ragged breath escapes me. I try really hard not to break down right then and there. I didn't realize how badly I needed to hear that but I'm so glad I did. When I open my eyes and they fall on Kei, I feel my magic surge, urging me to go to him. I spent so much time fighting my own magic, being afraid of it, but at this moment I can't help but trust it absolutely. I mean, how could I not? My men trust it, Kei trusts it. It brought me to these amazing beings, saved my life more times than I care to count, and has given me the ability to make real change in the world around me. 

      I can feel the intense need my magic has to complete the bond and I don't want to deny it any further. Not hesitating anymore I throw myself at him, locking my lips to his and showing him just how badly I need him right now. Then I realize I have no idea where we are. I do a little excited squeak as I take my lips from his skin to look around. Kei lets me and I'm glad he did, I am absolutely floored by the beauty surrounding me.

      The space looks like a small courtyard of sorts and based on the amount of turns and small passageways he carried me through, as well as the state of the courtyard in general, this is a pretty unused part of the palace. I think the fact it's been forgotten is what makes it so beautiful. There's a glass greenhouse of sorts in one corner, tucked against honeysuckle covered stone walls. Everywhere I look I'm met with wildness and beauty. Growing up the walls is a variety of different flowering vined plants that seem to have made a home deep in the mortar of the walls. There's a pool in the center of the courtyard that literally glitters which distracts me enough to unwrap myself from around Kei. He sets me down before sliding his arm around my waist, his hand pressed against skin to keep the pain away, as I get closer to the pool.

       When I'm able to peer into the contents of the pool I gasp. Dozens of small luminescent fish swim around under a light smattering of lily pads across the surface. As I look closer I see that the pool is lined with pillar-like crystal clusters that are somewhere between orange and red. Tucked away between a few clusters in the bottom of the pool there seems to be a hole that the fish are swimming in and out of.

      "They're beautiful." I breathe out, "This whole courtyard is absolutely breathtaking."

       He smiles down at me, "These are called Marama. Many also call them Moon Fish since they only ever come out at night. Once the sun has set and the sun-lights turn off these fish come out across the kingdom as a sort of nightlight within the various pools like these dotted across the entire area.

        I look around, "Why does this place seem abandoned?" I ask.

       He shrugs, "Because it is. I talked to Ceto a lot while you were recovering and she told me about this wing of the palace. After the magical poisoning swept across this land the population had been more than halved and with supernatural births being few and far between they haven't had the ability to repopulate, probably never will. This entire wing was abandoned as it wasn't needed and resources were needed elsewhere. The pools still function as they are connected with the rest but this wing has become a garden of sorts." At my confused brow raise he explains further, "She's letting nature reclaim this area and some of the plants that haven't been seen here in generations are coming back, growing among the ruins. It's become more of a private garden for Ceto than anything. No one comes over this way without permission as it's viewed as Ceto's private garden now."

       I wriggle my eyebrows suggestively, "And our private sex spot." 

      He grins, "That's the idea, kitten." He looks me over, "Now though, it's time to feast." He grabs hold of my shirt and literally rips it off of me so I'm just standing in my panties. I was a puddle before he did that but now? I'm surprised I'm still standing honestly.