Chapter 18

"Come on!" I say to Izzy as I drag her up to the front door, "There's someone I want you to meet." 

       Izzy told me in the car how she's into women and honestly I can't be more ecstatic. I'm going to introduce her to Selena and they'll totally fall in love and live happily ever after. Wait. Shit. I should have asked her if she's with anyone, she never actually answered that question. Maybe I should hold off the meeting until I know for sure?

        "Raven!" Someone calls out once we're just a few steps into the house. When I look up I see Selena standing there, "I have news for you! I was in the library and studying and-" Her words stop when she catches sight of Izzy right next to me. 

        When I look at Izzy I see her also staring back at Selena with interest. When she finally rips her eyes away from her she brings them back to me and realizes I've been watching her. She quickly looks away and clears her throat, a blush working it's way up her neck. I can't help but smile widely. 

        "Well hello to you too Selena. Once I make my introductions we can talk about that news you have for me." I motion between the two, "Selena this is Isabella. Isabella this is Selena, she is my mate's sister." 

        Izzy steps forward, raising her hand to shake, "You can call me Izzy, ma'am." 

       Selena steps forward as well, a dazed look in her eyes, "None of that ma'am stuff for me. My grandmother would be ma'am, not me. I go by Selena but you can call me whatever you like." She shakes her head at that, the dazed look leaving her eyes before they widen at what she just said. She reaches up and clasps Izzy's hand. They both make weird breathy sounds before unclasping their hands and stepping apart. 

        I clap enthusiastically because I'm pretty sure my work here is done. Am I disappointed it didn't take any more sneaky matchmaker games? Yes, but in the end I just want them to be happy. I promised myself I would find someone for Selena, or multiple someone's. Now it's time for Miriam to get a few men of her own. Gotta be on the lookout. I reach up and pat myself on the back. Raven the Matchmaker at your service. One mission down, one to go. I smile at my new title, I like it much more than high priestess. 

       "So what kind of news do you have?" I ask Selena. 

       She looks to Izzy then back at me, wariness in her eyes. I give her a smile and motion to Izzy.

       "Anything you say to me can be said in front of Izzy as well. She's kind of taken up guard duty of me. Well technically of a book but now I have the book so she's duty bound to protect me or something like that." I wave my hand non-nonchalantly, "I already have five men for that though so it seems redundant. Oh well!" I clap again, "Give me the juicy news." 

        "Will you follow me to the library?" Selena asks and we both nod our agreement and begin following her down the hallway, "I looked into what you had told me earlier, the healer thing, and you were right. There weren't many books on the subject but we had one that described what a healer's energy felt like to someone else. I just looked for that same feeling within me and," She looks to me with wide eyes like she still can't believe it, "I found it."

       I squeal a bit then launch myself at her, giving her a hug, "I knew it! I'm so happy for you!" 

       Izzy clears her throat and we separate, both looking to her, "Did you say healer? As in the fabled healers of old? There hasn't been a true healer in over a hundred years." Her eyes are wide with amazement as she looks at Selena. 

       Selena goes slightly pink before looking to the door we stopped by and reaching for the handle distractedly, "Uh, yeah, I only thought I was just a regular shifter before Raven pointed out that I had a healer's aura. So I did some digging and I think she may be right but I haven't tested it out yet."