Hey Brother

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update. I was helping my younger sibling with his finals and I was in the process of getting a new laptop. It was also my birthday month so I was busy celebrating with my family.  

Eric had packed a couple bags for him and Haven

Eric had packed a couple bags for him and Haven. Second guessing that he may be rushing Haven and Carter's meeting. He was interrupted from his train of thought when he heard a crash. Running over to the living room to find Haven glaring at one of her toys. Taking a closer look he finds it in pieces. As if she had thrown it across the room. "You okay kiddo?" he asked her gently. 

"The toy was being stupid," she grumbles. Confused for a moment he looks back and forth between his niece and the toy. 

"Well maybe we can get you a new toy that isn't  stupid. Huh, does that sound like a good idea?"

"Only if you're not picking the toy," she says before  running off. 

"What's that supposed to mean?!" She doesn't reply to him. "I swear this kid is going to be the end of me," he murmurs under his breath. Picking up the broken toy and throwing it away wondering what was going through his niece's head. It was unusual for her to break her things as she was usually very picky on how people handle her belongings. So, she breaking her toys is out of the ordinary. He has allowed Haven to spend time with Bella again, but he hasn't seen any improvement in Haven's attitude. Small things seem to make her more snippy. After cleaning up he went to check if she was packed. "Ready to go kid?"

"I guess. Why do we have to go to Seattle anyway?" 

"Well your uncle Carter teaches at the local college there," Eric explains. "We are going to see him and you are going to be the little angel I know you are." 

"And why is it important that I behave?" 

"Cause if you don't your uncle is going to think I let you run wild." 

"Daddy already thinks that," she points out. 

"Just go get in the car," he stutters. She shrugs and runs off. He lets out a groan in annoyance as for a little kid she has a sharp tongue. "Sometimes I forget how much she's like her mother." After packing the car they set off to Seattle. 

Eric parks his car and starts to lead Haven through the campus. "Now wait until I introduce you two," he instructs her. 

"How come you don't talk about your family?" 

"Well kiddo it's not easy. We kind of scattered to protect ourselves. Your mother and I were as thick as thieves. So no matter what we kept in touch.  Now behave." Rolling her eyes at her in return. They can continue until they come to a classroom. Eric turns to Haven, "stay here for a minute. Don't move." Haven pouts at her uncle. He knocks on the classroom door before entering. 

"Do you have a question on the assignment?" the professor asks without looking up. 

"Well I don't but I do need to talk to you," Eric admits. The professor looks up and is shocked at who is in front of him. "And I have someone with me I would like to meet." Carter Baxter couldn't remember when he last saw his brother. It had been years since they talked to each other face to face.