CHAPTER 8 : The Warning.

Start from the beginning

"Don't push it."

"Okay."

"When is it?"

He looked at his watch then replied "In a few hours."

"What? In a few hours? You mean it's today?"

He nodded "Yep."

"Shit! I have to prepare everything now."

He raised one hand "No need to worry boss, I have it under control."

I folded my arms over my chest "What does that mean?"

"I have arranged everything you need for the interview."

I grinned and signalled him to get closer. He brought his face towards me. I pinched both his cheeks "This is why I love you so much."

He smiled from ear to ear and said "I know."

"Now next, where's Mr. Intern?"

"He is taking advantage of his Uncle being the owner, he asked for a day off saying has some marriage to attend."

I shook my head "He is not serious with work but we both are."

Nick nodded agreeing to me. "Will you be going alone for this one too? By the way, how was your interview with Alessandro D'Angelo?"

"Not good, I didn't get any information from him. Instead you know what, I almost yelled at Alessandro D'Angelo."

"No you didn't."

"I just got angry, he wasn't saying anything to help me."

"Of course he wouldn't confess it himself."

I rolled my eyes.

"Does Bruno know about this?"

"Are you out of your mind? He'll kill me. That's why I asked you to set up an interview with Antonio. Hope it works."

"Take me with you for this one, you know I am lucky." Nick said

I scanned his face properly "You sure you are lucky? Because I think I am in desperate need of luck."

He nodded without hesitating.

"Fine then. We're on it together."

He got up from his seat and asked "Do you want some coffee? I am going to get myself one."

I nodded "That would be great."

He showed a thumbs up and left the office.

After some editing, I submitted the interview details with Alessandro to Bruno.

Of course I couldn't give him the original one.

But before I go for Antonio's interview, I need to do something. Switching my phone on, I called Aless.

After a few rings he picked up "What do I owe the pleasure to get a call from you, Ms. Lincoln?"

"Aless."

"So it's Mrs. D'Angelo."

I remained quiet trying to frame the sentence properly preparing myself what to say.

"Ari, are you there?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"Wanted to talk to you."

"About?"

"What do you mean, about? Can't I just call my husband?"

This time he went silent for a while. "This is new, you know, the husband and wife talk. I am not used to this."