🪶34 - Being Still (1)

Start from the beginning

Qualification. Ron's original plan was to quietly leave in a few days either alone, or with Beacrox. However, this damn affection was the problem. That was why he mentioned a two day break. He wanted to see what this little punk would say. He was curious to know.

This puppy young master of his now knew what kind of person he was because of Choi Han. Ron still had a gentle expression on his face, but his gaze started it turn cold.

"Young master, this is too much money. What will you do if I take this and run away?"

'Or is it that you want me to run away since you heard that I am a strong individual?'

Although the years of forcing himself to smile had created a lot of wrinkles on his face, his sharp gaze was directed to Cale. Ron could see Cale's reaction.

Cale had snorted.

"You think I don't know your personality, Ron? If you were going to run, you would have either left without saying anything or just flat out said that you were leaving. Am I wrong?"

That was how Ron had left in the novel. He didn't say anything to the Count, and whenever he needed to separate from Choi Han's party for a bit, he would discuss their contract before leaving.

"... You are right. That is indeed correct."

Ron nodded his head with a smile on his face. Now that he thought about it, this puppy young master in front of him had seen him more than his own son, Beacrox, had for the last tens of years. In fact, Cale might be the person who knows the current Ron the best.

'I am very old now too.'

The old man accepted that he was getting older. Just like how tree rings don't grow all at once, the effects of time did not avoid him as well. He then started to speak.

"I will be back to serve you when you head to the royal palace."

"If you really want to."

Ron looked toward the uninterested Cale and put the money pouch away.

He couldn't allow Cale to go into the palace looking worse than the royal family or the other nobles. Ron did not want to see the puppy young master that he raised being looked down upon by others.

That would be his last duty before he left.

"Then I will head out now."

"Sure, sure."

Cale waved Ron out while sitting on his bed and had a wonderful night of sleep for the first time in a long time.

By the time Cale woke up around lunch time the next day, Ron had already left early in the morning on his break. Thanks to that, deputy butler Hans became responsible for serving Cale.

"Mr. Ron said he wasn't comfortable unless it was me. Haha, I guess I am kind of amazing?"

"Can you just be quiet?"

Cale ignored Hans and looked outside the open chamber door. Choi Han had been standing outside the door since early this morning. Cale was staring at Choi Han while wondering what was going on, and Choi Han answered without even needing to be asked.

"M..Mr. Ron asked me to protect you."

'What was Ron thinking?'

Cale had a serious expression on his face as he received a cup from Hans. He then started to frown.

"Hans. Why did you bring me lemonade?"

"Excuse me? Young master, don't you like lemonade?"

Sigh. Cale let out a deep sigh and drank the lemonade. It was better than cold water to wake him up and settle his stomach.