Chap 38: The First Real Friends

There was a sighed on the background, and it was Conan. He was sighing because he don't know what to do with the situation.

He just met with the creator of the drug that responsible of his shrinking body, and then Haibara suddenly thanking him for saving her sister from the black organization. There was one person that he can think of that involved with BO, and the one he saved is Miyano Akemi and the lady said that she have a little sister that also part of BO.

When he asked if she is Akemi's sister, the answer he got is her unimpressed expression and introduced herself as Miyano Shiho. He also can't comprehend what his sister were thinking sneaking into BO basement alone just to save Haibara. If Kaito heard about this, he must be freak out and won't leave his sister alone anymore. Thus there would be a fight between the two.

This would bring headache for him. He sighed for the fifth time and this starting to annoyed Ai that enjoying her time reading her magazine. "Can you just stop? It's getting annoying hearing you keep sighing like that. Should you go home already?"

Conan huffed and looked at her in contemplation, "So...you gonna make the cure of the apotoxin isn't it? Do you think how long would it takes for you to find a permanent one?" asked him curious with hope in his voice.

Ai looked at him in bored expression showing on her face and turn back to read her magazine. "With the data your sister provided for me. I think it would take a month or two to finish it. But even thought I manage to find a cure, I don't think that I would give it to you."

Conan pouted at the declaration, "Why not?" asked him curious. Ai sighed and closed her magazine, leaving it on her lap. She locked gaze with the detective with pointed glared, "Are you forgot about the organization that still lurking around? If you get turn back into Kudou Shinichi, they will know that you still alive and that time it will the end of us."

Conan blinked at what she said, it's not like he don't think of that, he been thinking those possibility many time already. But thanks to his sister, he had a solution to hide himself when he get back to his original age. He still had Kanzaki Kazuto persona and staying as Kazuto is better since that persona is an adult one.

Having to stay as a child is starting to get into him lately, he had to act like a child and an adult won't be serious with him, just like what happen earlier and he had to lied most of the time. But he can't told Haibara about his and Shizuku ability that can use magic power or even shape shifting.

Seeing that her statement getting through him, she put her magazine on the coffee table and jump off from the couch, decided it's time for her getting into her bed. She gaze at Conan to said something before she goes to bed, "But well...I don't think that would be your problem since your mother can perfectly help you disguise yourself as someone else just like she do to my sister."

Conan eyes light up in sparkle with hope, "Then..." Haibara look unimpressed and turn away from his excited puppy eyes. "We'll see," said her and took the stairs to her bedroom leaving Conan and Hakase in the living room.

XXXXX

After about a month later, Conan get to know more about Haibara Ai aka Miyano Shiho. The girl is hardly smile, more over laugh, the only thing that he managed to see from her face is her smirk or smug look she will give it to him sometimes.

Haibara has a calm and cool personality, sarcastic wit, and high intelligence. Conan know that she was one of the black organization members, so he understand that the girl was cynical and pushed others away since she was freshly escaped from them except Mikoto-san and his sister. In the short month, Haibara has since defrosted by embracing her new child life and has established strong relationship with the Detective Boys, Agasa and Ran.